Viagra info I’m sure we all remember our Wheatena lecture! Why, viagra info it was the highlight of my nursing education! Today we have drug reps, viagra info back then they must have had Wheatena reps…
Viagra info I’m a Cream of Wheat fanatic, viagra info myself. Viagra info Freakin’ nectar of the gods, viagra info it is! Trust me, viagra info when you’ve been NPO for 36 hours and you are status-post intubation, viagra info that first swallow is absolute heaven. Viagra info A little sugar, viagra info a little milk…..ahhhh…..the epitome down-home comfort food! I never will figure out how it qualifies as a full liquid, viagra info though.
Viagra info I realize that it has been a long time since I’ve worked anywhere in a hospital but the emergency department. Viagra info I realize that life on the telemetry and med/surg units has changed in the last 16 years.
Viagra info Why on earth does an entire floor have to shut down because one patient goes critical?
Viagra info Let me give a hypothetical example. Viagra info Say there is a telemetry floor that holds 50 patients, viagra info but the census is at 45. Viagra info There are nine nurses (5:1 at night), viagra info a unit clerk and a charge nurse. Viagra info A patient at one end of the unit goes critical. Viagra info At this point:
- The ER cannot obtain a room number for the new admission because
- the charge nurse is busy assisting the nurse whose patient is crashing
- only the charge nurse can assign a room number
- If a room number has already been assigned, viagra info no nurse on the unit will take report
- because a “patient is crashing” on the unit.
- they are busy
- The new admission happens to be assigned to the nurse whose patient is now critical.
Viagra info Now it doesn’t take the logic of Mr. Viagra info Spock to figure out that:
- The charge nurse
- knows which rooms are available for an admit
- knows which nurses are open for the admit
- doesn’t need an hour to figure this out
- can delegate the assigning of the room
- can make a decision and revise prn
- The nurse taking the new admit with room assignment
- has an open room ready and assigned
- is not involved with the critical patient
- has no reason not to take report or accept the patient after report has been given
- hectic activity in one room does not preclude giving care in any other room
- is able to assess his/her patients without the charge nurse
- can hold paperwork if necessary until unit clerk is available to process orders
- The nurse of the critical patient, viagra info if assigned the new admit, viagra info should have the admit given to another nurse and be open for the next admit after they have transferred their patient to ICU.
Viagra info Am I missing something here?
Viagra info In the ED we have critical patients on a continuous basis along with a rotating census in every other bed, viagra info but the unit does not come to a halt because there is a code going on. Viagra info Patients keep getting triaged, viagra info orders keep getting written and carried out, viagra info nurses multitask and take over for each other where necessary.
Viagra info Two nurses, viagra info a doctor and a respiratory therapist (or two) can run a critical patient and get them transferred to ICU. Viagra info It does not take an army….or an entire unit of nurses.
Viagra info Can someone shed some light on this?
Viagra info I just don’t get it.