Viagra 50 mg UPDATE: One of my readers has pointed out to me that it is a common misconception that juvenile onset diabetes is caused by an excessive intake of sugar, viagra 50 mg and is concerned that this misconception may have received a boost by this post. Viagra 50 mg Those of us who read medical blogs who have a medical background understand this. Viagra 50 mg Readers who do not may not understand that I am being sarcastic, viagra 50 mg that sugar intake has nothing to do with causing diabetes. Viagra 50 mg I thought this was a legitimate issue and so I’ve added this update to the post. Viagra 50 mg I appreciate the feedback.
Viagra 50 mg Under protest, viagra 50 mg of course.
Viagra 50 mg It tasted like horse fodder.
Viagra 50 mg Unless….. Viagra 50 mg you smooshed it all up until it looked like a bowl of twigs, viagra 50 mg added enough sugar to ensure juvenile onset diabetes and then smothered it in milk, viagra 50 mg which you wouldn’t drink afterward because little brown shredded wheat things were floating in it.
Viagra 50 mg Ah, viagra 50 mg memories.
Viagra 50 mg Now you can become a nurse by eating your Shredded Wheat composed of bite sized, viagra 50 mg frosted “mini-wheats” in a variety of flavors.
Viagra 50 mg Sigh……
Viagra 50 mg Another nursing tradition gone to the resting place of “Cap and Cape Heaven.”
Viagra 50 mg A CCU is a very different place than any other unit I’ve ever experienced.
Viagra 50 mg Patients would talk to me. Viagra 50 mg They often told me they were going to die. Viagra 50 mg On that exact day.
Viagra 50 mg And they did.
Viagra 50 mg The one thing that the patients found hard to discuss were their “out of body” experiences during codes. Viagra 50 mg This was not a topic that was widely discussed at the time. Viagra 50 mg They were afraid the staff would think they were crazy.
Viagra 50 mg Three patients opened up to me regarding their experiences during the years I worked in the CCU. Viagra 50 mg Here are their stories:
- Patient One was a young middle-aged female, viagra 50 mg in her early 40s. Viagra 50 mg This was unusual in itself because young women were not a common sight in the CCUs of the late 1970s.
- She had had an MI and had “coded” requiring defibrillation three days before. Viagra 50 mg As I did her morning care, viagra 50 mg she happened to mention that she had felt she had left her body during that time, viagra 50 mg had followed a light at the end of which was her deceased uncle. Viagra 50 mg Her uncle informed her that, viagra 50 mg “….it is not your time. Viagra 50 mg Jeremy will meet you here.” At which point she remembers being back in her room.
- The odd thing? Jeremy was her husband. Viagra 50 mg And he was still alive.
- Patient Two was, viagra 50 mg again, viagra 50 mg younger man in his 40s who had had an inferior MI. Viagra 50 mg As I began my evening care, viagra 50 mg he asked me how many people had died in the hospital last night.
- Now that is not a question I get everyday and I asked him why he wanted to know. Viagra 50 mg “Oh, viagra 50 mg just curious, viagra 50 mg” he replied.
- Later he opened up to me and said that last night two of the patient’s “spirits” had come to get him, viagra 50 mg asking him to come with them. Viagra 50 mg He said they were in the corner of the room. Viagra 50 mg He told them he couldn’t go, viagra 50 mg his son was a teenager and needed him. Viagra 50 mg They asked three times and then they were gone.
- Patient Two had been defibrillated three times the night before.
- Patient Three haunts me to this day.
- She was not very old, viagra 50 mg maybe mid 60s and she kept going into unresponsive ventricular tachycardia. Viagra 50 mg She required defibrillation multiple times. Viagra 50 mg I remember standing at the bedside, viagra 50 mg paddles in hand, viagra 50 mg while my colleagues worked on her medications and IVs.
- Eventually things settled down and her rhythm stabilized. Viagra 50 mg She called me over the bedside.
- “Do you believe in an afterlife?” she asked. Viagra 50 mg “Interesting question, viagra 50 mg ” I answered. Viagra 50 mg “Why do you ask?” For the record, viagra 50 mg I happen to be a Christian with a very strong belief in the afterlife, viagra 50 mg but I sensed this was not the time to discuss it, viagra 50 mg so I kept the focus on the patient and her situation.
- What she said next was horrifying. Viagra 50 mg She had been underground, viagra 50 mg cold, viagra 50 mg dark and surrounded by dirt, viagra 50 mg looking out of a coffin. Viagra 50 mg All she could see was her sister’s coffin next to hers. Viagra 50 mg No warmth, viagra 50 mg no peace. Viagra 50 mg Just coldness.
- Her sister had already passed away.
- I asked her if she felt the need to speak to the hospital chaplain. Viagra 50 mg She said yes.
Viagra 50 mg After I left CCU for the challenges of the ICU, viagra 50 mg I never heard any more stories of my patients’ experiences with death. Viagra 50 mg Unfortunately in the ER, viagra 50 mg I will never hear them, viagra 50 mg as most patients are intubated when coded.
Viagra 50 mg I once described a code as having a tug-of-war with God. Viagra 50 mg Every now and then he lets us win.
Viagra 50 mg I like to think my patients are watching the struggle and appreciate the effort we make on their behalf.
Viagra 50 mg Even if we lose.