April 13, 2006, 4:24 pm

BECAUSE I ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING OR I’LL BURST

UPDATE: THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU POST WHEN YOU ARE TOTALLY TICKED OFF. IT SEEMS THAT THE PHOTO BELOW IS ACTUALLY A FAKE, SOMEHOW USING PHOTOSHOP TO PUT MOHAMMED IN THE SCENE AS IT IS SHOWN. THAT IS WHY MOHAMMED LOOKS LIKE A SOUTH PARK CHARACTER AND NOT A FAMILY GUY CHARACTER. I DON’T KNOW ENOUGH TO EXPLAIN THE INTRICACIES OF PHOTOSHOP, SO I CAN’T BE SPECIFIC. AND SO…..ALTHOUGH THE PHOTO MAY BE A FAKE, THE OPINIONS AND COMMENTS BELOW THE PHOTO STILL STAND. THANKS FOR PUTTING UP WITH MY RARE FORAY INTO THE POLITICAL ARENA…..

Ladies and gentleman, this is a screenshot of what Comedy Central refused to air last night so as not to offend Muslim sensibilities. Mohammed hands the helmet to Family Guy, mutters “jihad…jihad..” and walks off.

Score another round for the terrorists.

I feel like buying a T-shirt with Mohammed on it saying: No free speech for YOU!

And yes, I have been offended by some South Park episodes and I exercise my right to put my finger on the remote and turn it off.

Thank you for indulging me on this post. If anyone is offended I am truly sorry on a personal level, but in this country, especially at this time, this censorship is unacceptable.

Free Speech. What an amazing concept!

(I now return you to your regular Emergiblog.)

Moof

April 13, 2006 at 6:34 pm

Good for you Kim! I’m with you 1,000%!

Jodi

April 14, 2006 at 2:17 am

I totally agree about the censorship thing….but, WWhat was the joke? I don’t get it. What was the helmet for?

John Cowart

April 14, 2006 at 3:17 am

Amen!

Anonymous

April 14, 2006 at 11:19 am

The family guy character isn’t drawn according to their style either.
    I do agree with you and I understand how you would be upset but wouldn’t we all be very offended if in an Islamic country they had cartoons that greatly offended Jewish people?

Anonymous

April 15, 2006 at 11:06 am

Anonymous,

Have you seen political cartoons in arabic newspapers? South Park showing Mohammad with a fish helmet for 5 seconds is NOTHING compared to arabic cartoons depicting Jews as baby eaters, pigs and demons.

Do a little research.

Kim

April 15, 2006 at 3:13 pm

To anonymous #1 – that occurs everyday and is also occurs in text books. Not tying to fan flames here, just wanted to comfirm Anonymous #2’s statement.

Anonymous

April 16, 2006 at 2:26 pm

I’m not muslim; in fact I don’t take part in any religion but I do know from doing research on Islam that it really is a beautiful religion, just as Christianity, Buddhism, Judaism and other religions of the world are. The Qu’ran promotes peace and love, and it’s really too bad that a small group of fundamentalists, in relation to the magnitude of followers of islam, give it such a horrible name.

Kim

April 17, 2006 at 1:29 am

To anon right above me: Believe it or not my son is graduating this year with a double major in Political Science and Arab Studies (he wants to work for the government after graduation) and through him I have learned many things about Islam that I would not have learned otherwise. Fortunately he has received a very balanced education and view on the entire middle east question. It is sad that the entire religion is now known for the actions of a few fundamentalists.