Uk alternative viagra Whoa! Check this out!
Uk alternative viagra “The Mark of the Beast” Cold Medication!
Uk alternative viagra For when you have a “devil” of a cold!
Uk alternative viagra For when you would sell your soul just to breathe normally!
Uk alternative viagra For those days when you think hell will freeze over before you get well again.
Uk alternative viagra Guaranteed to take care of all your cold symptoms for as long as you live!
Uk alternative viagra All you need to do is pay with your soul!
Uk alternative viagra Instead of an antihistamine you get an antichrist-amine!
Uk alternative viagra I wonder if you drink it if you will be “Left Behind”?
Uk alternative viagra Sorry, uk alternative viagra I couldn’t resist.
Uk alternative viagra (I actually love that series, uk alternative viagra Jerry Jenkins is, uk alternative viagra ahem, uk alternative viagra one hell of a writer!)
It’s no secret that I’m a night person.
I’ve said before it is easier to stay up until 0700 than to get up at 0700!
And I prefer the night shift for many reasons, uk alternative viagra not the least of which is that there are less people around and you can spend more time with your patients.
And….I have no young children and can sleep when and how long I want. Uk alternative viagra Usually.
The males of the household have learned, uk alternative viagra sometimes painfully, uk alternative viagra that to wake me up results in a voice that makes Luciano Pavarotti sound like Barry White.
Uk alternative viagra But if I had to give advice to someone who was just starting the night shift (and that may be a few new grads out there), uk alternative viagra I can only tell you what works for me and I’ve learned this over the years through trial and error.
- Put All Your Piggies In A Row
- Try to get your shifts scheduled sequentially.
- Under no circumstances allow yourself to be scheduled “one-on-and-one-off”. Uk alternative viagra Unless you live the hours of a night nurse whether you are working or not, uk alternative viagra this will do you in!. Uk alternative viagra It’s easier for me because I tend to be a human “Bat” (except I don’t hang upside down in a closet.)
- Always have at least two days off in a row before returning to the night shift. Uk alternative viagra This is not easy if you are working full time, uk alternative viagra eight-hour shifts. Uk alternative viagra So….
- I suggest that if you are given the opportunity, uk alternative viagra work only 4 days a week or less.
- The differential of the night shift should make up for the missing day.
- It is possible to work one-week-on/one-week off and I have done that before. Uk alternative viagra I remember liking it. Uk alternative viagra I don’t think I had gray hair then. Uk alternative viagra Not that I have it now mind you.
- If you have the chance to work three 12-hour night shifts per week, uk alternative viagra try to avoid working them all in a row.
- It will take you two days to recover, uk alternative viagra at least.
- You will feel (and look) like death warmed over by the end of the third shift.
- Don’t Give Your Piggies Roast Beef
- I’m not sure what it is about nocturnal consumption, uk alternative viagra but I found that eating during the night caused bloating and discomfort.
- A snack is okay, uk alternative viagra a few crackers with some milk or half a sandwhich.
- Also, uk alternative viagra eating at night is a sure way to gain weight, uk alternative viagra especially if it is not a busy unit/night and you’re eating to stay awake or out of boredom.
- Watch the coffee intake
- If you’re like me, uk alternative viagra you’ll pour five cups and actually have time to drink about half a cup.
- If you are sleeping in the morning, uk alternative viagra watch the caffeine after about 0400.
- If you are an afternoon sleeper, uk alternative viagra it shouldn’t affect you.
- And remember, uk alternative viagra coffee is acidic so can contribute if you have that bloating/discomfort discussed above.
- Back at the Ranch
- Make your environment sleep friendly
- Get your room as dark as possible or sleep in the darkest possible area
- Consider using a fan or another type of machine as “white noise”. Uk alternative viagra This will drown out neighborhood noise, uk alternative viagra barking dogs, uk alternative viagra cars, uk alternative viagraetc.
- If you can’t sleep
- Get up. Uk alternative viagra Laying there trying to sleep is only going to make it worse.
- Take a hot bath, uk alternative viagra read.
- Be careful about using antihistamines to sleep, uk alternative viagra they can cause a “hangover” type feeling and you will be groggy while awake. Uk alternative viagra I, uk alternative viagra personally use melatonin but please do not constitute that as advice.
- If you sleep for a few hours only and then are wide awake, uk alternative viagra try to take a nap before going to work.
- Stay hydrated
- Dehydration can cause headaches. Uk alternative viagra I left the night shift once after suffering from prolonged low-grade headaches that would last 5-6 days. Uk alternative viagra It was because I drank nothing but coffee and Diet Pepsi. Uk alternative viagra It had nothing to do with the shift.
- So why put yourself through working the night shift?
- Minimal management presence – not that management is bad, uk alternative viagra it just means less distractions from taking care of patients.
- Group cohesiveness – night shift workers tend to take care of each other and there is much less back-biting.
- Usually a less number of patients, uk alternative viagra giving you more of a chance to do more for them and get to know them better, uk alternative viagra at least in the ER.
- A shift differential – where I work, uk alternative viagra it is rather substantial, uk alternative viagra thanks to the work of the California Nurses Association over the years.
- You can be home for your family when they are awake.
Uk alternative viagra So night shift is a doable, uk alternative viagra often desirable shift to work. Uk alternative viagra It’s the best shift for me.
Uk alternative viagra But that old saying that a nurse needs to take care of herself first is truer in this situation than any other.
Uk alternative viagra If you are meant to be a night nurse, uk alternative viagra you will know it!