Viagra generic Ladies and Gentlemen, viagra generic it’s time for The Answer Nurse!
Viagra generic Having posed the idea in a previous post, viagra generic The Answer Nurse never thought she’d get so many questions in such a short time!
Viagra generic She thought it best to answer the ones she has received, viagra generic but do continue to send them. Viagra generic The Answer Nurse lives for these inquiries and hopes someday to have a life!
Viagra generic Some questions are serious, viagra generic some a farcical, viagra generic but all require a professional look at the world through the eyes of The Answer Nurse!
Viagra generic If you are disappointed in the answers, viagra generic The Answer Nurse suggests re-evaluating the nature of the submitted question and increase the quality accordingly.
Viagra generic And so, viagra generic let us all strike a pose by our nearest Coke machine and fresh flowers, viagra generic grab a patient’s chart and begin….
Viagra generic Question Number One:
- Why would a mom with a rash also sign in her 2yo and 4yo [to the ER] with matching complaints of “insect bite?”
- The Answer Nurse Speaks: The average human has approximately 60 trillion synapses in their cerebral cortex. Viagra generic The Answer Nurse knows this because she looked it up on Google. Viagra generic Your particular patient obviously had only three synapses; one for herself and one for each child. Viagra generic One can only hope that said patient had a tubal ligaton.
Viagra generic Question Number Two:
- From the UK: Who would turn up at 7am on a Monday morning after a weekend of agony with toothache….abscess, viagra generic plain as paint. Viagra generic “How long have you had toothache?” “Errm, viagra generic about a month, viagra generic Nurse.”
- The Answer Nurse Speaks: Greetings from the Colonies! The Answer Nurse is a sucker for a British accent. Viagra generic But she does wonder, viagra generic doesn’t The Prince of Wales have his own dentist?
Viagra generic Question Number Three:
- If your left toe has been hurting for 3 months, viagra generic why would you decide to come in at 3:00 in the morning on a Friday night????
- The Answer Nurse Speaks: It seems to The Answer Nurse this poor soul has no life and that when he attempted to ask a woman if she rented by the hour, viagra generic she stomped on his foot with her 4-inch pumps. Viagra generic It has take him this long to swallow his pride and obtain care. Viagra generic The Answer Nurse notes that the silver lining to this pitiful cloud is that the patient has nine other toes with which to work.
Viagra generic Ouestion Number Four:
- I’m graduating in December, viagra generic sitting boards in January. Viagra generic Tell me why I should consider ER nursing.
- The Answer Nurse Speaks: The Answer Nurse notes that this inquiry is in the form of a command as opposed to a question, viagra generic but she deems it significant enough to respond none-the-less. Viagra generic Here are the reasons The Answer Nurse would consider ER nursing:
- Never the same job two days in a row
- you will alternate hours of sheer terror with moments of pure boredom
- unless you work in a small ER at which point you would reverse the above.
- Nurses gravitating to the ER are out-spoken, viagra generic in-your-face personalities.
- This makes the ER a very lively place to work.
- Of course The Answer Nurse, viagra generic being of genteel breeding would never reveal this side of her personality in public.
- May the Lord have mercy, viagra generic however, viagra generic on her family.
- You will learn technical skills and assessment skills rapidly.
- The Answer Nurse feels that the ability to prioritize is the epitome of the skills required in an ER.
- Should the candidate for the ER have no prior experience in the nursing field, viagra generic this prioritization can be learned by working initially in med/surg and/or ICU/CCU prior to transferring to the ER environment.
- The Answer Nurse also acknowledges that some of the best ER nurses she has had the honor to address as “colleague” have been new graduates.
- Working in the ER is fun – and that is the best reason The Answer Nurse can provide!
Viagra generic Question Number Five:
- Where do ya’ll ER nurses get all your adrenalin?
- The Answer Nurse Speaks:
- Legally: usually via caffeine in the form of coffee, viagra generic chocolate, viagra generic Coke, viagra generic Pepsi
- Physiologically: via the adrenal medullae by the enzyme phenylethanolamine-N-methyltransferase (PNMT). Viagra generic The Answer Nurse knows this because she looked it up on Google.
- (Now aren’t you sorry you asked?)
Viagra generic Question Number Six:
- Why do some ER staff members (doctors, viagra generic nurses, viagra generic techs, viagra generic secretaries) get so darned JADED?
- The Answer Nurse Speaks: As The Answer Nurse does not suffer from this condition, viagra generic she can only assume the facilitating factors are that ER workers are:
- Overworked- much overtime is done
- Underpaid – in most of the country
- Not appreciated – taken for granted
- The distinct tendency for every homo-sapien to want what they want immediately combined with the inability for said health-care givers to be two places at once. Viagra generic The Answer Nurse does not see a cure for this particular factor in the near future.
- The requirement to occasionally miss “American Idol” because they are needed on the schedule.
Viagra generic Question Number Seven:
- Ok, viagra generic so, viagra generic you have often explained that your facility is superior to the one that you use as a patient. Viagra generic Why do you go there? Is it just that the desire for privacy outweighs the benefits of a superior facility that happens to know you, viagra generic or is there something more?
- The Answer Nurse Speaks: Ah, viagra generic The Answer Nurse has asked these very questions and here are some of the reasons Inferior Medical Center has been utilized:
- The Answer Nurse lives approximately 22 miles from her place of work.
- The Answer Nurse must cross a loooong bridge to get to the Superior Medical Center in which she works. Viagra generic Travel time at 75 miles-per-hour on a good day at a good time with no one getting in her way takes 35 minutes.
- The Answer Nurse lives in a different county than where she works.
- Medics will not cross county lines to take The Answer Nurse to where she really wants to go.
- During the chest pain experience, viagra generic The Answer Nurse thought it would not be prudent to drive herself that far and so ended up at Inferior Medical Facility.
- The Answer Hubby now has instructions to drive just across the bridge and then dial 911 to get that county’s medics to take The Answer Nurse to Superior Medical Facility.
- Should The Answer Nurse code on the way across the bridge, viagra generic she assumes it will no longer be an issue, viagra generic
- and will be happy to say hello to all those family members who have gone before her.
- During The Answer Hubby’s experience with his gall bladder:
- The Answer Nurse figured the Inferior Medical Facility would diagnose him with gas and place him on Protonix, viagra generic as that seemed to be the diagnosis/medicine-of-the-month.
- Had she known the severity of the illness, viagra generic The Answer Nurse would have dragged herself out of bed and personally driven him to the Superior Medical Facility.
- Privacy is never an issue with The Answer Nurse, viagra generic in a true emergency she wouldn’t care if the attending was Harrison Ford, viagra generic himself. Viagra generic In fact, viagra generic she would prefer it.
Viagra generic Question Number Eight:
- Have your recent experiences from the “other side” changed any of the ways you do your job?
- The Answer Nurse Speaks: Yes.
- She makes sure patients are updated on a regular basis about what labs are back and what they are waiting for.
- She makes sure that holding orders are written ASAP once the diagnosis is made for admitted patients and works with ER docs who share this goal.
- She has no trouble telling the hospitalist the patient is on their way and can be evaluated upstairs (said very politely, viagra generic of course)
- She writes and faxes report as a priority so the patient can get up to their room 30 minutes after that is done.
- She is less toleratnt of excuses as to why the patient cannot go upstairs, viagra generic although she is willing to work with the floor nurses on extenuating circumstances.
- To Superior Medical Facility’s credit, viagra generic the floor/unit nurses are totally about gettting the patient as fast as they can.
- While all this was already a part of The Answer Nurse’s mode of practice, viagra generic she is now more empathetic with the family and patient.
Viagra generic Question Number Nine:
- Given your years as an ED/critical care nurse, viagra generic what would you say is the percentage of people who present at the ED of your hospital who really shouldn’t be at the ED (i.e., viagra generic those people don’t have “emergencies”)?
- The Answer Nurse Speaks:
- 69.9% of those are pediatric patients with fevers, viagra generic runny nose, viagra generic vomiting x1.
- (Yes, viagra generic The Answer Nurse is being sarcastic, viagra generic despite her impeccable manners.)
- The other .1% are constipated.
- The Answer Nurse does not include those with abdominal pain, viagra generic possible DVTs, viagra generic large lacerations or obvious fractures in the 70%.
Viagra generic So, viagra generic that concludes this session of The Answer Nurse Speaks! Thanks for all those who participated.
Viagra generic The Answer Nurse must now get ready for work so that she can accumulate more blog material and an aching back.
Viagra generic Who says you don’t get anything out of nursing?
Viagra generic (PS: The Answer Nurse also apologizes for the sudden inability to de-bold her print. Viagra generic She has tried four times and will now be late for work. Viagra generic She apologizes for any eyestrain.)