July 26, 2006, 7:23 pm

I Want You, I Need You, I Love You!

barbie

Oh my…..

I have just died and gone to heaven!

You can send flowers, but would someone send this beautiful specimen of everything I always wanted to be to sit on top of my coffin?

This is the 2006 Silkstone Nurse Barbie.

She is exclusive to Europe and Australia only!

There she sits, tantalizingly on eBay and I have absolutely no excuse to bid on her.

My husband, he wouldn’t understand because I already have 15 Barbies on our den shelf and one of them is my old 1962 bubble-haired brunette in the old nursing uniform.

Two seconds ago I had no idea she existed and now I won’t be able to sleep or eat until I buy her.

I’ve got a Barbie Nurse jones…..

Maybe I can tell my husband I’m understaffed….

• MotherJonesRN

July 26, 2006 at 9:57 pm

Don’t you love all the nurse-stuff you can find on eBay. Just tell your husband that you can’t have too many nurses in “the family.”
    (Bad pun alert)…..That Barbie is cute, she’s a real doll.

Mother Jones RN

• Intelinurse2b

July 27, 2006 at 5:56 am

That is too cool, a cape and everything-and its a 2006 edition. What a great gift for a new nursing school grad or a favorite nurse. I will have to remember her.

• Wendy, S.N.

July 27, 2006 at 6:02 am

Want, want, want……….

W. 🙂

• Hannah

July 27, 2006 at 7:50 am

I have a “pregnant” Barbie, (who can only “give birth”, of course by removing her “tummy”/lid.) I’ve used it with older kids in my Sibling classes to explain Cesarean–kind of. 🙂

I _love_ this Barbie. I have connections in Europe and Australia, Kim…so…sure you don’t have an excuse to get it?

Hh

• StudentNurseJack

July 27, 2006 at 6:53 pm

What a stylish-looking gait belt she’s sporting.

I’m hoping you bid on it eventually.

• Ada

July 27, 2006 at 11:19 pm

her head is the same size as her torso!

• HypnoKitten

July 28, 2006 at 3:13 pm

At $145 I can see why you might take a moment to think about it first. She doesn’t seem to be one of the prettiest faces I’ve seen, either.

Still, it would be a treasure as hard as it is to get….

Do you have the Male Nurse Action Figure yet? 🙂

• mommimi

July 29, 2006 at 2:30 pm

Can you imagine having to actually dress like that while you work? Who made up those old nurses outfits and what the heck are those strange hats for?

Mimi