September 28, 2016, 8:54 pm

Menosan 30 Tablet Bottle $161.00

Menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 pepsi

Menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 Awwwwww….

Menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 Look at those itty bitty wittle Pepsi cups!

Menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 No thanks!

Menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 Speaking as someone who thinks the arrival of the KFC Mega-Jug is on par with the discovery of penicillin, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 I hope they didn’t have to pay more than a nickle for that.

Menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 Probably didn’t even come with ice….

************

And what are they talking about?

They obviously know each other well enough to invade personal space, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 so I suspect they aren’t discussing the latest technique in abdominoplasty.

Full hospital soap opera plot lines have been developed around less than you can imply from this ad!

Menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 Let me clarify one thing.

Menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 This is not a “Men are from Alpha-Seti 5, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 Women are from K-PAX” issue.

Menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 Both sexes are represented in nursing and medicine.

Menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 This is about communication in a medical setting.

• Telling a doctor something you believe they need to know about your patient.
Here is what I have learned regarding communication with physicians, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 in any setting.

• Unless your patient is dying, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 don’t interrupt.
    • This is Basic Manners 101
    • If the doctor is talking to a patient, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 another physician, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 a nurse or is in the middle of a dictation, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 try to wait until the conversation/dicatation is complete.
    • If the situation is urgent, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 approach the doctor, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 apologize for the interruption and state your concerns as succinctly as possible.
    • Remember, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 in the Emergency Department, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 while you, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 as the nurse may have a 3-4 patient (or more!) assignment, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 the ED doc has every patient in the department and is bombarded from all sides, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 just as you are. Menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 Patients, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 families, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 lab, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 radiology, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 primary doctors, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 hospitalists and even the Administration all want a piece of them. Menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 Sometimes ya just gotta wait your turn.
  • Have all pertinent information available when you call a doctor on the phone, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 such as from a med/surg unit.
    • If you know what you want from the doctor, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 ask for it directly. Menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 Examples would be restraint orders or additional pain medication before it is due.
    • Just calling and saying “there’s something wrong with Mr. Menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 Doe” will get you nowhere. Menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 Especially at 0400.
    • State the issue. Menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 Mr. Menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 Doe is confused, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 you suspect an adverse reaction to a medication, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 no urine output for 2 hours, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 new onset fever, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 Mr. Menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 Doe has chest pain, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 unrelieved abdominal pain etc.
    • Be sure you have done all that you have orders for before you place the call. Menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 If the patient has a prn order for Tylenol, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 give it. Menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 If IV Lasix is to be used for a low urine output, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 use it. Menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 If there are orders for blood cultures if fever > 101, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 do them, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 etc.
    • State what you have already tried to rectify the situation, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 if applicable. Menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 You gave Tylenol with no change, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 the prn Lasix did not work, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 everything was fine until 30 minutes after the little purple pill, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 blood and urine cultures are in progess, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 etc.
    • Be ready for questions
      • Have the patient’s chart in front of you.
      • This includes the medication record, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 the vital sign sheet, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 including the most recent set of vital signs (which should be taken just before you call), menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 access to the lab work and a doctor’s order sheet to write down any new orders.
      • KNOW THE PATIENT
      • You may be speaking to an on-call doc who has no clue who your patient is. Menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 Be ready to give a brief history of the present illness, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 previous surgeries, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 etc.
        • Eyeball a dictated history and physical before you call or keep it in front of you.
        • If you don’t know the answer to a question or the information is not accessible to you, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 say so. Menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 Don’t try to explain around it.
  • Doctors are human.
    • Do not, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 under any circumstances, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 take anything said by a physician in the heat of the moment or at 0400 personally. Menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 You will hear four-letter words on occasion. Menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 They’re venting.
    • You will run across doctors who are angry, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 exhausted, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 sick themselves, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 half-asleep, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 exasperated, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 sad, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 mourning, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 or just plain stressed because this is their weekend call and they have been in surgery for 95% of the time and they just hit the bed when you called.
    • Cut them some slack.

Menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 (Yes, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 I know all the comments: they knew what they were getting into when they went into medicine, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 they get paid to get calls at 0400, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 yadda…yadda…yadda.

Menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 Give ’em a break, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 they earn every bit of that money and then some.

Menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 It took me a long time to see a “person” under that “MD”, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 but life will be much less stressful for you when you can.)

Menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 Now, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 what to do if you are confronted by an out-of-control, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 abusive, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 screaming physician? Male or female?

• Understand that the odds of this occuring decrease with each year that passes. Menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 Doctors and nurses have a different relationship today.
  • While it is happening:
    • Stay calm – do not burst into tears or punch ’em in the nose. Menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 What is happening is not your fault (unless you have just backed into their BMW, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 then you got it coming!)
    • Stand upright and face the physician. Menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 Make eye contact.
    • Wait until the anger dissipates. Menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 It will.
    • Don’t yell back, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 in fact, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 drop your voice a few decibels.
    • Ask the doctor to step away with you to discuss why they are angry.
    • Acknowledge any error or lack of communication on your part that may have contributed to the situation at hand. Menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 This will deflate the anger faster than anything.
    • Do one of two things
      • Take a breather for a minute or two to get your adrenaline under control. Menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 Or, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 if you feel like you are going to lose it with either tears or retaliatory anger, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00
      • Get busy with something else ASAP
  • If it happens to a co-worker
    • Go stand next to them. Menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 Encourage others to do so, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 also.
Now for those of you who are stuck in an OR with a possibly not-so-nice surgeon for hours on end, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 I have no advice, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 having no experience in that area. Menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 I will say that I have heard that neurosurgeons have a rather dismal reputation for OR ettiquette.Given the nature of the work, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 it’s probably understandable. Menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 But take heart, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 you neurosurgical nurses, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 I just read that Dr. Menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 Sanjay Gupta, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 MD, menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00H.U.N.K of Time Magazine and CNN is now a board-certified neurosurgeon.

Menosan 30 tablet bottle $161.00 He can work on my central nervous system anytime….

Average Rating: 4.5 out of 5 based on 283 user reviews.

NPs Save Lives

August 18, 2006 at 5:41 am

Excellent post! You hit the nail right on the head. I try to wait until people are finished speaking before I interrupt also. I also try to have all of the info ready prior to calls. It makes me look more professional.

Mother Jones RN

August 18, 2006 at 7:54 am

You make excellent points on how to improve communicate with physicians. I think most physicians, like nurses, are feeling overwhelmed by the health care system. Your pointers bring down communication barriers that add to a physician’s stress, and promote good patient care.

• TC
    TC

August 18, 2006 at 9:39 am

Good post, as usual. They’re not too much you can do in the OR if they’re operating, but cutting open a living person is pretty stressful. Things you should never take in the OR-threats, throwing things and being careless with the sharps. I got stabbed with a bloody scalpel once-not nice, fortunately the patient was cooperative about getting blood tests done.

birdy

August 18, 2006 at 10:33 am

That is really good advice! I’m sure I’ll think about it a lot–I’m starting my preceptorship in a few weeks!

Dawn

August 18, 2006 at 1:47 pm

Thanks Kim – I start my last round of clinicals in ten days, and I’ll heed this advice!

Birdy – good luck w/your preceptorship! Mine will be (hopefully) in November!

ltaylor

August 18, 2006 at 2:45 pm

Well, well, well….and I thought I was the only one who had a little “thing” for the good doctor. He could peek into my brain anytime!!

Too Fat 4 Ponies

August 19, 2006 at 8:10 am

Great post! I’m definitely referring some of my fellow students to read this post.

Sorry. Dr. Gupta does nothing for me.

😉

Melissa

August 19, 2006 at 8:58 pm

Unless I’m trapped, I simply walk away if a doctor becomes abusive. They can vent to the wall all they want.

scan man

August 20, 2006 at 5:04 am

Great post Kim.
    I would like your permission to copy & print the advice to nurses and circulate it to my hospital’s nursing staff and student nurses.

lpn dave

August 20, 2006 at 10:07 am

Thanks this is very good information to keep in mind for future nurses. Communication is key and this information is a good tool to assist with that.

Intelinurse2b

August 20, 2006 at 4:27 pm

Am I a geek if I print this out and post it somewhere it can be studied and memorized?

Great advice!

fatdoctor

August 20, 2006 at 4:39 pm

May I add a comment or three?
    1) When a doc does not respond when you interrupt her, it helps if you cry out “Code Blue!”

2) Once a doctor was extremely, extremely rude to me. I responded, “You have a right to correct me, but you do not have a right to use foul language while doing it.” Sounded fair to me. He called my attending to complain about me!

3) When still a unit secretary, Sister, now an MD, asked a physician to please stop touching her breast. I think it is fair to interrupt the physician’s work when he is touching your breasts (as a side note, her supervisor told her she should NEVER talk to Dr. Famous-Surgeon that way).

Otherwise, your rules are applicable in every career in every field. Manners are good.

Prisca

August 20, 2006 at 7:56 pm

This post is brilliant–I am printing it out and putting it on my clipboard for clinicals. Your blog is so inspiring and full of great stuff-I fear I will be here all night reading…

• […] I recently posted a missive here on Emergiblog with my ideas about How To Talk To Doctors. I knew I had read a post addressing the same issue, but could not remember when or by whom. […]

Greg P

August 24, 2006 at 2:07 pm

Interesting to see the similarity between your post and mine:

missbhavens

August 24, 2006 at 2:54 pm

Superb post!

…bursting into tears…my instant emotional-overload reaction.

Must learn to curb that.

ThirdDegreeNurse

August 25, 2006 at 4:03 pm

Great post, Kim! They should teach us this stuff in nursing school. But, alas. Not a word.

All the docs I’ve dealt with so far have treated me with respect — not necessarily immediately, but after a few hours of observing me.

Now, how about a post on dealing with immature, catty, gossippy, intimidating nurses? You know — the kind who eat student nurses for lunch? Oh..maybe I should write that one.

scalpel

August 26, 2006 at 12:41 am

Great advice! I can manage a dozen patients at once, but if I’m in the middle of writing something or on the phone with another physician, I really prefer to get to a good stopping point before I want to hear anything that isn’t immediately life-threatening.

NurseFran

September 20, 2006 at 10:58 am

Great tips, for additional communication help I have taught students and nursing staff to use SBAR technique. This way they sound confident and competant from the start.
    S-Situation (why you are calling or speaking)
    B-Background (significant clinical past)
    A-Assessment (what the nurse actually thinks)
    R-Reccommendation (state what you are asking for)
    Our physicians love it and they have adopted SBAR for their hand off communication.

San Diego NP

July 19, 2007 at 10:51 am

Good tips overall….but still, as a fellow clinician, I cannot understand why the “great divide” still exists between MD/PA/NP/RN/MA….and the list goes on. The reality is that we are all an integral part of the healthcare delivery system, regardless of our hour worked or money earned. I believe that any well trained RN/NP can communicate efficiently with their colleagues if they use a “SOAP” format, prepare in advance what they are going to say, and make sure to familiarize themselves with the situation prior to calling….the reality is that we are ALL overworked, over stressed, and in some ways, underpaid….and we should all be PROFESSIONALLY CIVIL with each other regardless of specialty or expertise…. when we associate on an equal playing field, collaboration and team work will offer our patients the BEST of care.

Get a Magazine Subscription for Nursing Made Incredibly Easy Magazine
Nursing Made Incredibly Easy!

for $20