September 19, 2006, 2:57 pm

Music Therapy

musicmeme

As you are all aware, Emergiblog is a place for serious contemplation and discussion of issues affecting the access and delivery of emergency health care in the United States, specifically as it relates to the practice of nursing.

Ah phooey!

ER nurses just wanna have fun!

And, having been tagged by Difficult Pt and Rob , I will now join my colleague, Flea, and subject you to my current “Top Seven” songs.

And so, in best Casey Kasem voice, here they are:

• Candy – Iggy Pop with Kate Pierson:
    • first video I ever saw on MTV when I finally got it in 1991.
    • Darn good song!
    • I wish I was Kate Pierson.
  • Bring Me To Life – Evanescence:
    • Unbelievable lead singer in Amy Lee
    • Has the best line EVER, “Save me from the nothing I’ve become, oooo….ooooo”.
    • Darn good rocking song.
    • I wish I was Amy Lee.
  • Learn to Fly – Foo Fighters:
    • Funniest video on the face of the earth
    • Great lyrics and darn good beat.
    • No, I don’t wish I was Dave Grohl.
  • I Don’t Wanna Be- Gavin Degraw/Bo Bice:
    • Either version`rocks my boat.
    • Darn good line: “I’m tired of lookin’ ’round, who’s wonderin’ what I gotta do, or who I’m supposed to be…I don’t wanna be anything other than me!”
      • Yeah, I’m at that stage where I can tell people to go to hell, I am who I am. Don’t like it, lump it.
      • Sort of like my second adolescence. Only this time I don’t get grounded.
    • And while I do not wish to be either Gavin or Bo, a couple of hours with Bo Bice would be nice. Theoretically speaking.
  • Vertigo – U2:
    • Oh man, this could conceivably be the Best. Rock. Song. Ever. Written.
    • Best line: “It’s everything I wish I didn’t know…….”
    • I can’t even sit still when this thing comes on my iPod.
      • This can be very embarrassing in a doctor’s office.
    • I had no idea Bono could be this good. Still not crazy about the rest of the U2 catalogue.
  • Incomplete – Backstreet Boys
    • Repeat after me: POW-ER BAL-LAD!
    • Okay, I gotta thing for Kevin Richardson, wanna make something of it?
    • They really need to drop the “Boys” and just go with “Backstreet” as their name.
      • Trust me, I own the video.
      • These guys stopped bein’ boys a loooong time ago
  • Do I Make You Proud? – Taylor Hicks
    • Schamaltsy? Yes.
    • Tear jerker? Absolutely.
    • Did I power vote for Taylor Hicks for four hours straight last season on American Idol? You betcha!
    • Am I going to use this for a slide show at my daughter’s wedding – you BET I am!

I never include Journey in these lists because the songs are so ingrained into my life I can’t choose between them. Same with Lindsey Buckinham – the man is just ingrained in every cell of my body. AND he has a new solo album coming out in a few weeks!

And there you are. My list.

Which I could expand on to about seven hundred songs.

I now return you to the ever serious, always rockin’ Emergiblog……..

Ooops! I forgot to tag. I’ve decided to tag a group with so much free time they will welcome the challenge of a tag: Student Nurses!

(I hope they hear the sarcasm in that last statement or you may find me buried in nursing caps in a remote location.)

I hereby tag: Chialing81, Too Fat For Ponies, Aunt Pickle, Dawn, Student Nurse Jack, Intelinurse2b and Wendy.

See, nurses don’t eat their young.

They tag them.

Crystal

September 19, 2006 at 7:20 pm

Gee, thanks. That was harder than I thought it would be. I have so many favorites. Then to go and tag others ~ I felt guilty!! Wasting time while I should be studying! Seriously, it was a nice break. Be sure to check out my blog for me reply. (I think I double tagged Intelinurse2b ~ sorry ~ I really tried hard not to double tag anyone!!)
    Crystal

Dawn

September 19, 2006 at 7:34 pm

I’m just taking a break from studying shock (along with renal dysfunction, nursing management, the list goes on), and wandered on over here. I’ll tag tomorrow on my blog, once I get through my notes, which are a crazy quilt of black and red ink!

ChiaLing81

September 19, 2006 at 10:33 pm

I do believe that’s the first time I’ve ever been tagged. Hmmm. Is there a deadline? 🙂

What a fun distraction!

difficultpt

September 20, 2006 at 5:26 am

Oh, I forgot about that Evanescence song . . .I should add that to mine! ;o)

Wendy, S.N.

September 20, 2006 at 5:49 am

Yay! I’ve been tagged! This will be difficult, being as I am such a music afficionado.

W. 🙂

Dawn

September 20, 2006 at 9:05 am

Up and posted!

“Here comes Johnny Yes again….”

jen

September 20, 2006 at 7:54 pm

That’s hilarious! I was just talking to someone the other day about iggy pop!

Dawn

September 21, 2006 at 7:13 am

Iggy is my guru!

When my husband and I were first married (15 years ago) we lived in Post Falls, Idaho, and brought our cat we rescued from the Madison pound, Iggy (named after, you-know-who). There was a stray cat that hung around our house that I started to feed and we ended up having him fixed and vaccinated. We named him….Lou, after Lou Reed. We had something about self-destructive, substance-abuse, gender-bending musicians I guess.

And I STILL love listening to both of them!