Herbal viagra Just a mere two hours ago I was very much like the woman you see here.
Herbal viagra You know the type.
Herbal viagra The tense, herbal viagra overworked, herbal viagra (still) forty-something, herbal viagra peri menopausal, herbal viagra blog addicted Grand Rounds host with PMS.
Herbal viagra Whoops. Herbal viagra Maybe that was a bit too much information.
Herbal viagra But now my heart is free and my soul soars…to the mattress in my bedroom for a glorious day of sleeping with approximately 60 pounds of cats to keep me warm!
Herbal viagra Why, herbal viagra what has set me free, herbal viagra you ask?
Herbal viagra The posting of that weekly tradition known as: Grand Rounds!
Herbal viagra Not only that, herbal viagra but I managed to get rid of all the italics that surprised me upon my arrival home this morning!
Herbal viagra Tiny italic imps engaged in a wee bit o’ font changing this morning. Herbal viagra I sent them back to Blogger, herbal viagra whence I am sure they came.
So, herbal viagra there you are, herbal viagra asking yourself…
“Should I offer to host Grand Rounds?”
Of course you should!
And, herbal viagra being a veteran of two of them, herbal viagra I thought I would share some of my hard-earned expertise for those who may host in the future!
Besides, herbal viagra I had coffee at 0700 and I’m wide awake at the moment, herbal viagra so might as well make this time productive.
1. Herbal viagra Choose a week that is relatively stress-free.
- The week you are working seven straight days, herbal viagra or the week your child is getting married – those would be bad. Herbal viagra Trust me on the first one. Herbal viagra I learned that the hard way!
- You want to have the night before GR off, herbal viagra so that the post is ready to go by Tuesday morning, herbal viagra ideally posted late Monday night. Herbal viagra This gives you lee-way to fix any broken links and to add any last-minute submissions, herbal viagra if you choose to do so.
Herbal viagra 2. Herbal viagra Pick your style/theme ahead of time.
- Decide if you are going to take an “editorial” approach and pick a select number of posts that week, herbal viagra or if you will have an “all-inclusive” approach and include everyone.
- “All inclusive” leads to HUGE Grand Rounds, herbal viagra like you saw on Emergiblog this week (I believe it was 50 or so posts long). Herbal viagra But…if you are like me, herbal viagra you think everything you read has some value and you want to include it!
- The “editorial” approach may sound easier, herbal viagra but you still must read every post submitted and decide on whether it belongs that week.
- Putting the links up is not the time consuming part.
- Reading the material so that you can make a concise presentation is the crux of the host’s job.
- Start putting your post together two weeks earlier than your host week.
- I had decided on my “Starbucks” theme the minute I told Nick I’d host – I was sitting in Starbucks so it came to me right away.
- Before I left the coffee shop I had the categories already in a “draft” post and was able to put the links in as they came in.
- Don’t wait until the last minute
- Your submissions will start arriving the very next Wednesday morning. Herbal viagra For that week you are the “host” and can expect 8-10 posts daily after that. Herbal viagra Read them each day, herbal viagra and put the links in your “draft”, herbal viagra along with any comments.
- By doing this, herbal viagra on the day before (or in my case the day of) Grand Rounds, herbal viagra you have a complete post ready to go and all you have to do is “publish”.
Herbal viagra 3. Herbal viagra The very day the previous Grand Rounds is posted:
- Put a post on your blog that is designed to stay at the top giving:
- your email address and
- how you prefer to receive your submissions (via Blog Carnival or via email).
- Never assume your email address is known. Herbal viagra Make it clear.
- My email address, herbal viagra while available, herbal viagra was not in an obvious place on the site and was in a post that quickly joined the ranks of the archived.
- Nick received many submissions that should have come to me and had to forward them. Herbal viagra Luckily, herbal viagra one potential submitter let me know she was having trouble and I was able to get a post up.
Herbal viagra 4. Herbal viagra Remember, herbal viagra YOU are the host.
- There are Grand Rounds guidelines but if you must deviate from them, herbal viagra as I did this week by posting at a later time, herbal viagra put up an updated post letting people know that Grand Rounds will be posted at “x” time.
- You are doing us a favor by (1) hosting and (2) linking to our submissions, herbal viagra so when it is your host week, herbal viagra you call the shots. Herbal viagra Expect the natives (us) to be restless. Herbal viagra Some of us live for Tuesday mornings, herbal viagra especially me!
Herbal viagra 5. Herbal viagra Check every single link before going “live”.
- I did that this week and found three non-working links, herbal viagra and this is after checking each link as I added it! There are link-breaking gnomes who come around and do their thing so it is best to double-check them.
Herbal viagra 6. Herbal viagra Expect “feedback”!
- If you make a mistake, herbal viagra you will know it immediately because the author of the post will email you faster than a speeding bullet! It helps to be available during this time if you can be. Herbal viagra I was able to make rapid repairs because I saw the emails as they came in.
- If you leave a post out, herbal viagra you will be asked to explain why. Herbal viagra So, herbal viagra explain why. Herbal viagra Some people will be very unhappy so be prepared.
Herbal viagra 7. Herbal viagra Watch out for commercial ventures.
- There are those who will attempt to use Grand Rounds as a promotion vehicle for selling whatever it is they are promoting.
- Use your discretion….if it looks like an ad, herbal viagra smells like an ad, herbal viagra reads like an ad or isn’t submitted by the author themselves, herbal viagra it is probably an ad disguised as a blog post. Herbal viagra If you are not sure, herbal viagra check with Nick or get the opinion of another blogger. Herbal viagra It’s really your call, herbal viagra but none of us want Grand Rounds to turn into a marketplace.
Herbal viagra Now, herbal viagra you want to submit a post to Grand Rounds?
Herbal viagra 1. Herbal viagra Check the website of the soon-to-be host. Herbal viagra There may be a “theme” to the week.
Herbal viagra 2. Herbal viagra Do submit as early as possible. Herbal viagra I’m a big one to talk; I’m usually writing right up to the deadline.
Herbal viagra 3. Herbal viagra If you are not the writer of the submitted post, herbal viagra be sure you have permission to submit.
Herbal viagra 4. Herbal viagra This is a personal preference: If at all possible, herbal viagra use Blog Carnival. Herbal viagra Everything comes in a neat little package for the host and you actually get an email “receipt” for your submission so you know it has been received.
Herbal viagra 5. Herbal viagra Remember that the host is doing this in their spare time and that they have lives and work that they are also responsible for. Herbal viagra If you have a suggestion, herbal viagra remember that voice tones are not audible in an email so phrase your request appropriately and in a polite, herbal viagra friendly manner.
Herbal viagra 6. Herbal viagra Please don’t bother to submit if you are a commercial website and want to use Grand Rounds a publicity venue. Herbal viagra Really. Herbal viagra It makes it awkward for the host to have to tell you no and there are other venues for that purpose. Herbal viagra It doesn’t mean the host thinks your “product” or opinions are wrong. Herbal viagra Only inappropriate for Grand Rounds.
Well, herbal viagra the only disadvantage to hosting is that I’ve already read everything and so there is nothing to read with my coffee.
I will tell you this, herbal viagra tomorrow I will be ensconced in my cushy chair at Starbucks catching up on my blog reading.
But if you will excuse me, herbal viagra Change of Shift is due up on Thursday.
I guess after my nap, herbal viagra I’ve got some linkin’ to do!
What can I say? I love blogging!