November 22, 2006, 8:13 am

Emergiblog: The Interview Too Racy For the National Enquirer!

bettyboopIs there anyone who doesn’t love Betty Boop?

This doll is so cute! And rather modestly attired considering that it’s Betty Boop.

Kudos to whoever designed this doll, the cap is classic.

I want one!

I hope Santa is listening!

I promise not to shoot my eye out! (vague Christmas movie reference)

There is an interview with yours truly over at!

Dr. Alex asked if he could ask me a few questions and the responses are now up.

There were some interesting questions, too.

Made me think a bit, which is always dangerous!

Two disclaimers:

• Dr. Alex refers to me as a nursing professor. I am honored, but don’t quite have the qualifications for that just yet. I hope to be standing up in front of a classroom in about six years.
  • I am the total antithesis of the nurse photo used in the interview, although trust me, it’s much better than anything I could have sent.
    • That nurse is blond, I am brunette.
    • This nurse looks tall, I am of average height.
    • This nurse has a body. My tissue is arrayed on my bones a bit differently. How differently?
      • I am just now back in the Misses section of Mervyns instead of the women’s section.
      • I nearly burst into tears in the dressing room this week. Praise the Lord and then pass the pumpkin pie!

I do not, repeat, do not walk around with red hearts/kisses around my upper body, but if I had the legs I might try to get away with the miniskirt….

The interview was conducted by email and Dr. Alex put it up exactly as written, so what you see is what you…well, see!

Thanks to Dr. Alex for the interview opportunity!

• S. R.

November 22, 2006 at 10:40 am

Very intresting interview.

• Dr. Deb

November 22, 2006 at 11:32 am

Just dropping by to wish you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving! I’ll check out the interview. He asked me for one as well.

• kate loving shenk

November 22, 2006 at 7:06 pm

enjoy your blog!

here’s a link to my weekly newsletter for nurses:

enjoy and happy thanksgiving!!

kate loving shenk

• Enrico

November 22, 2006 at 9:09 pm

Cool interview! I knew you were doing correspondence for continuing your education, but I didn’t know that your goal was to be a nursing professor–good for you!! We need SOOOO many more nurses, and it will be even worse when I’m on the floors in the US in 2.5 years (God help us all on that one). I can think of no better nursing instructor than Professor M. 😉

As for the nurse figure on the interview site–um, I didn’t even know what it was (a nurse bear?!), so be GLAD it won’t be mistaken for you.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

• Ada

November 23, 2006 at 11:10 am

Hey Kim,

nice interview!
    I was just wondering… I remember you switched from blogger to this current blog because blogger was deleting entries, etc. And I recall you mentioned the name of the program you now use but… I can’t remember what it’s called. Can you help me out? After several months of a blogging hiatus, I’m contemplating one again.

• justcallmejo

November 24, 2006 at 10:35 am

Good interview, Kim. I’m glad to learn you’re going to become a nursing professor. I think that’s fabulous.

Teach them to blog, too. 🙂

• Deacon Barry

November 24, 2006 at 12:47 pm

Happy Thanksgiving. We don’t have it in Scotland, but we do have St Andrew’s night next week.
    I’m teaching tomorrow. I’m doing a lecture on Retinal Detachment, and I’m getting the butterflies in the duodenum.

• Dr. A

November 24, 2006 at 4:24 pm

Hey! What’s up! I like the new look. “I love what you’ve done with the place. HA!” It’s amazing what a few new coats of paint do to the place. hehe

• mama mia

November 24, 2006 at 6:13 pm

Wow!! That looks GREAT!!!

• jen

November 24, 2006 at 7:04 pm

your new layout is gorgous girl!!! What a nice interview! not only are you a patient advocate, you are also a nurse advocate!

• MandyHamm

November 24, 2006 at 10:31 pm

You are so awesome…thanks for the uplifting comment on my blog…AND, I got a new job already! Email me and I’ll give you details to get your feedback on the situation…

Hope you had a nice turkey day!

• Alisha Hampton-Escobedo RN

November 25, 2006 at 7:59 pm

Huzzah to you Kim!
    Brilliant interview you really should be a nursing prof – we need you, and keep going thru the Misses dept!!!!
    Sorry about the Oi-rish Sat. (GO SC!)
    Alisha RN (Bethesda North Tele Rules!)