Cialis 30 mg This little lady is very near and dear to my heart!
Cialis 30 mg This is my one and only Barbie doll.
Cialis 30 mg She was given to me on my 5th birthday in 1962. Cialis 30 mg The date is even stamped on her behind, cialis 30 mg something they don’t do anymore.
Cialis 30 mg The one thing she never had was a nursing outfit.
Cialis 30 mg Forty-three years later, cialis 30 mg she got it!
Cialis 30 mg I could have bought four sets of scrubs for what I paid for her nursing outfit last year, cialis 30 mg but it was in mint condition with all the accessories (including a diploma!).
Cialis 30 mg Her lipstick is gone, cialis 30 mg her arms are covered in bite marks (for some reason cats love to chew on Barbie extremities), cialis 30 mg her legs are a bit grey and she has a pen mark on her back.
Cialis 30 mg But she is still the Best.Doll.Ever.
Cialis 30 mg And whenever I’m tired, cialis 30 mg frustrated or getting a little crispy around the edges, cialis 30 mg one look at Nurse Barbie and I remember why I wanted to be a nurse.
Cialis 30 mg Corny? Absolutely. Cialis 30 mg But it’s the truth!
So. Cialis 30 mg You have discovered the medical blogosphere and have noticed that nurses make up a large portion of what you have found.
You are a nurse, cialis 30 mg and blogging looks interesting. Cialis 30 mg The idea of starting a blog has crossed your mind, cialis 30 mg but you have no clue on how to start and besides, cialis 30 mg what would you write about?
Well, cialis 30 mg grab a cup of coffee, cialis 30 mg sit down and I’ll pass along what I’ve learned after 16 months as a blogger. Cialis 30 mg I will tell you this: once you start blogging, cialis 30 mg you will be hooked.
Why should you even start a blog?
- The first thing you need to understand: your everyday life is interesting!
- I’m serious. Cialis 30 mg You don’t have to be the nurse equivalent of Tom Clancy, cialis 30 mg you just have to want to talk about your life as a nurse. Cialis 30 mg You don’t need a degree or any special certifications. Cialis 30 mg Your unique voice is what the blogosphere is all about.
- You will find people who will rejoice with you, cialis 30 mg commiserate with you, cialis 30 mg support you and occasionally disagree with you. Cialis 30 mg The medical blogosphere is one big support group.
- You will find your ability to withstand the stresses of the profession strengthened; you will rediscover the passion that brought you into the profession.
Think I’m exaggerating? Start a blog and find out.
Okay, cialis 30 mg first things first.
Read some nursing blogs. Cialis 30 mg Read a lot of them. Cialis 30 mg Get a feel for what they write and how they write. Cialis 30 mg You will develop your own style over time, cialis 30 mg but you will be surprised at how much inspiration you can get from just reading.
You need to decide which software you want to use for your blog.
- There are three main portals to blogging. Cialis 30 mg They are: Blogger, cialis 30 mg WordPress and Typepad.
- There are others, cialis 30 mg but those are the big three where blogs are concerned. Cialis 30 mg Blogger can be a pain in the derriere, cialis 30 mg but it may be the easiest for those who really are beginners.
Each site will walk you through the procedure of setting up your blog. Cialis 30 mg There are pre-designed templates for you to choose from, cialis 30 mg and they will show you how to customize them with your own choice of colors.
- Name your blog.
- It’s your blog and there are no rules, cialis 30 mg so be creative!
- Let me warn you that if you name it something like “Aspects of Nursing Administration”, cialis 30 mg every nurse on the face of the blogosphere will run the other way. Cialis 30 mg Your blog can be about nursing administration but make the title humorous, cialis 30 mg inviting or intriguing.
- Write your first post
- The blogging sites make it easy. Cialis 30 mg You write and press a button. Cialis 30 mg Wah-lah!
- Once you write your first post of introduction and see it up under your heading, cialis 30 mg congratulate yourself. Cialis 30 mg You are now a nurse blogger!
Cialis 30 mg Don’t be freaked out by all the fancy blogs with a ton of ads and a million photos. Cialis 30 mg That will be you eventually. Cialis 30 mg All you need to be able to do when you start is write a post. Cialis 30 mg The second thing you need to be able to do is make a link. Cialis 30 mg Links, cialis 30 mg well, cialis 30 mg “link” you to the rest of the blogosphere. Cialis 30 mg I’ll explain further in the next section.
You now have a blog. Cialis 30 mg What you want next are readers! How do you let people know you are there?
- Read other blogs and leave comments. Cialis 30 mg This is very important to do.
- When you leave a comment, cialis 30 mg you can put your blog address in so that your signature becomes a “link”. Cialis 30 mg People can then click on your name and will be taken to your site. Cialis 30 mg And they will click on you to find out more about who left the comment! Other commenters will also see you there and check out your blog!
- If you read a post that you feel strongly about, cialis 30 mg leave a short comment on the blog, cialis 30 mg then go back to your own blog and turn your commentary into a post. Cialis 30 mg As you do that, cialis 30 mg link back to the post that inspired you. Cialis 30 mg Get a dialog going between the two blogs and your readership increases.
- If you find a blog that you really like, cialis 30 mg put a “link” to that blog on your “sidebar” – there is a place on every template for links.
- As people discover you and like what you write, cialis 30 mg you will find that they will put your link on their website.
- The more websites that link to you, cialis 30 mg the higher up your blog will be when people search for topics on Google and the more likely they will be to check out your blog, cialis 30 mg hence more hits and more exposure.
Cialis 30 mg Now you see why linking is so important. Cialis 30 mg In addition:
- Submit to Grand Rounds every week. Cialis 30 mg Every week. Cialis 30 mg Grand Rounds is a compilation of links to different posts by different medical bloggers (doctors, cialis 30 mg nurses, cialis 30 mg patients, cialis 30 mg scientists, cialis 30 mg and bloggers as varied as pastors and those who work behind the scenes with physician credentials). Cialis 30 mg A post in Grand Rounds will raise your visibility immensely. Cialis 30 mg A patient story is a great way to enter the Grand Rounds tradition.
- Consider submitting to Change of Shift every other week. Cialis 30 mg Change of Shift is a spin-off of the Grand Rounds concept, cialis 30 mg only all submissions are by or about nurses or nursing. Cialis 30 mg Again, cialis 30 mg anyone can submit with a post on or about nursing and we’ve even had a doctor host the “carnival”! Readership of Change of Shift is growing, cialis 30 mg so it can be a pretty good way of getting exposure for your blog.
Cialis 30 mg Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Patient confidentiality is an absolute necessity! HIPAA laws are just as binding in the blogosphere as they are in the workplace. Cialis 30 mg Never, cialis 30 mg ever discuss a specific patient. Cialis 30 mg Most nurse bloggers (including me) discuss their patients in a “composite” description, cialis 30 mg combining many patients into one “person” and changing demographic information that doesn’t affect the story. Cialis 30 mg For example: a female teenager may become a middle-aged mother of four or an elderly man may become a woman in her 20s.
- You need to decide just how anonymous you want to be.
- I will advise you not to put your full name on your blog, cialis 30 mg if only for security reasons, cialis 30 mg especially if you disclose your location.
- I would advise giving yourself a “handle” or using your first name only along with a general description of your location. Cialis 30 mg (“Midwest”, cialis 30 mg “Somewhere in Minnesota”, cialis 30 mg “Pacific Northwest”). Cialis 30 mg You can always disclose more as your comfort level increases.
Cialis 30 mg (My name is probably more “out there” than most and I’m comfortable with that because (1) I don’t give medical advice and (2) after almost 30 years and seven facilities I can scramble a patient story as easily as scrambling an egg. Cialis 30 mg In my case, cialis 30 mg my city and facility remain incognito, cialis 30 mg yet all my co-workers know about my blog. Cialis 30 mg So it’s all about what you are comfortable with. Cialis 30 mg The main thing is that your patients, cialis 30 mg past and present, cialis 30 mg are protected.)
I think that pretty much covers the basics. Cialis 30 mg Later, cialis 30 mg as you get comfortable, cialis 30 mg you’ll learn how to work with the html of the site template, cialis 30 mg how to add icons, cialis 30 mg site meters, cialis 30 mg etc.
But the important thing is to start. Cialis 30 mg Emergiblog existed for three months before I even wrote my first post. Cialis 30 mg Once I did, cialis 30 mg I never looked back.
You have a unique voice, cialis 30 mg both as a nurse and as a person outside your job as well. Cialis 30 mg The nursing blogosphere, cialis 30 mg actually the nursing profession itself, cialis 30 mg will be all the richer for hearing it.
Share it with us!
Start a blog!
Some links to sites mentioned above:
Type Pad: www. Cialis 30 mg typepad.com
Word Press: www.wordpress.com
Cialis 30 mg Change of Shift: Schedule and Archives