December 7, 2006, 5:08 pm

The Center For Nursing Advocacy: One Nurse’s Opinion

I am happy to announce that my interview with Dr. Hsien Hsien Lei is up at Genetics and Health! The questions were very intriguing and made me think (always a dangerous proposition). Dr. Lei was chosen by Foxnews.com in their Best Blogs: Ten Health Websites Worth A Click listing – Congratulations Dr. Lei!

helenwheelsI found this old ad when browsing the “Center For Nursing Advocacy” website.

Let’s get one thing straight, right off the bat; let’s address the most important issue here.

The cap is stunning.

10/10 on the Emergiblog Cap Rating Scale (ECRS). Perfectly situated and no “occipital slippage” in evidence.

Okay, now we’ll talk about the other stuff.

My first thought when I saw this ad was, “Heh! I’ve worked with that one!”.

My next thought was, “Oh man, I’ve been that one!”

According to the Center For Nursing Advocacy, this is known as the “battle-ax” stereotype.

And it’s a no-no to portray nurses in that fashion.

The campaign to get this ad off the pages of whatever magazine was an easy one. I think it took three letters, if I read correctly.

I say it would have taken no letters. It’s just an unpleasant ad.

Do I find this offensive as a nurse?

Not really.

What is offensive here? The fact that the nurse is ugly? The fact that the nurse is angry? Are nurses not allowed to be angry or does that further the “battle-ax” stereotype?

But wait! Nurses are not supposed to be portrayed as angels, either in print or on film. That’s another stereotype that is a no-no.

Hmmm…we’re not allowed to be pissed off and we aren’t allowed to be super-humanly long suffering.

Okay….

But what about the fact that in real life I’ve been both a total b**** and I’ve put up with things that would have made Mother Teresa turn her nose up?

Was I acting like a stereotype then?

Or is the reason this ad is so offensive is that it hits too close to home for some (most?) nurses?

I was originally spurred to write by this post at Salad Tongs, Anyone?

I had pretty much made up my mind that the Center For Nursing Advocacy had a victim mentality and needed a sense-of-humor transplant. Badly.

That’s not what I found.

I actually went to the site. I looked at what they are about. What they actually do.

Some of the campaigns were pretty impressive. To me, if you are going to advocate in the name of my profession, you keep nursing in the forefront. You make sure that in real life, nurses’ opinions are sought…and given.

This is happening at the Center For Nursing Advocacy.

But for me, the operative word here is “real life“.

Television shows are not “real life”.

christina

Stupid ads like this one are not “real life”!

Nurses don’t dress like this, we don’t carry needles that big and I daresay most of us don’t run around with our boobs hanging out.

And the general public knows that!!!!!

This ad is obviously using exaggeration and parody to sell tennis shoes.

Now, I am the minority here when I say this ad didn’t even make me think twice. Three-thousand of my colleagues did write and the ad was pulled. It did hit a nerve with many nurses.

Frankly, she looks like an idiot and unless you are a seventeen-year-old hormone ridden male adolescent who likes to fantasize about nurses, this ad would have run it’s course and gone away anyway.

Which brings me to my point. The Center For Nursing Advocacy has the voice and the power to do very good things for the nursing profession. MY profession. I saw some good work in progress over there. I’ll be sending some letters.

But there is a problem.

My unsolicited advice? Pick your battles.

Right now the first “battle” is trying to get “Doctors Without Borders” to change their name. I’m not joking, here is the website! They think the name should be changed to show that nurses are a large part of that organization.

This is nonsense.

Imagine, if you will, the reverse scenario: a nursing organization called, say “Nurses International” travels to different countries to provide care free of charge. There are doctors who work with the nurses. But the doctors don’t like the fact that they aren’t mentioned in the name, so a (fictitional) “Group For Medical Advocacy” starts a campaign to get “nursing” out of the organization’s name.

The outcry from nursing would be deafening.

This is an example of a battle that doesn’t need to be fought.

Fighting TV shows that show stupid nurses need not take up so much effort; frankly the doctors are treated like they are stupid as well.

The doctors are so stupid in these shows they don’t know how to practice medicine and have to practice nursing in order to look intelligent.

I mean really. Did you ever look at it from that angle?

Now, if a TV show depicts a nurse doing something illegal or unethical, I’ll write a letter. I did so when the BBC America show “No Angels” depicted nurses desecrating a dead body.

But are we as a profession so insecure that we have to jump on every single ad that may not show us as the epitome of professionalism?

You want nurses to be depicted as professionals? Then act that way every single moment of your workday.

The public isn’t stupid. They know a “real” nurse from a phony portrayal.

The public knows that a duck quacks and a duck in a nurse outfit that is called a Nurse Quacktitioner is not meant to insult. (Would it have been better to make it a dog and call it a “Nurse Barktitioner”? A Meow-titioner?).

Another battle that didn’t have to be waged. Yes, I know 2000 of my colleagues wrote. Maybe I’m the one who is off the wall here.

I don’t think so.

I’m not stupid, either. I’m comfortable in my professionalism and my position as a nurse no matter what the television is or isn’t showing or what ads are or aren’t being published.

If my patients have any misconceptions, then they are set straight the minute they meet me. Me. A real nurse.

The Center is doing some fantastic advocacy work.

I believe their effectiveness is diluted by some of the battles they are choosing to fight.

Give the public some credit.

Give us some credit.

The public will listen; the nurses will act.

If…you pick the battles that mean something.

Ursa

December 7, 2006 at 9:49 pm

Hear, hear.

The CNA pretty much lost me when they went after the Heart Attack Grill for having waitresses in “sexy nurse outfits.” Personally, i think the general public can think of “nurses” however they want–i know that when they’re my patients, or when they’re the family members of my patients, their opinion of nurses will be decided by how i act.

I agree with you entirely–the CNA should pick their battles. Otherwise they’ll be victims of their own stereotypes.

dr dork

December 8, 2006 at 1:11 am

Well put, Kim.

It’s insulting to the majority of the public to assume that we are unable to differentiate some TV tripe from reality.

I didn’t hear of any psychiatrists complaining about Hannibal Lecter. Or investment bankers complaining about Gordon Gecko. Or plumbers complaining about Kenny.

(apologies – australian in-joke)

cheers
    Dork

Dr John Crippen

December 8, 2006 at 1:16 am

Hi Kim,

That is very brave of you!

But I agree; I spend a lot of time leg-pulling the CNA because they chose the wrong battles, and end up making fools of themselves. Indeed, it has got to the stage that, if I feel like an internet giggle, I log into their site. I first found them after their ludicrous over-reaction to Mattel’s nurse quacktitioner doll – what a hoot.

Having said that, there is a role for pointing out that nurses are just professional people getting on with their jobs, and some of the stereotyping (and it is usually sexual) is unacceptable.

There was an APPALLING example in a UK National Newspaper (THE SUN) which I highligted last week.

Article like that one are an absolute disgrace. Can you imagine them doing a similar one on femal e lawyers, or female architects? Too silly for words

John

Mother Jones RN

December 8, 2006 at 5:42 am

Another great post, Kim. I agree with Ursa. The center went overboard when they went after the Heart Attack Grill. Please!
    The center needs to pick their battles more wisely. When they don’t, they come off looking stupid.

MJ

• kt
    kt

December 8, 2006 at 8:18 am

omg…i had instant anger when i saw the skechers add. i hatet the sexy nurse look. give me a fricken break!!! my feet would be blistered after 12hrs in the get-up!

Shane

December 8, 2006 at 8:19 am

John, that happens all the time over here. I definitely could see them doing architects, lawyers, nurses, whatever. I mean, we’ve had pictorials of The Women of…Enron, Starbucks, McDonald’s(!), Wal-Mart, MySpace, Poker, Home Depot…and the list goes on and on. (Glad I could find all that just by browsing the Google results for “the women of”.)

I don’t agree with any of it, but I don’t think nurses doing it is any worse than my Wal-Mart checkout girl doing it.

Universalhealth

December 8, 2006 at 9:13 am

My druthers? That the Center for Nursing Advocacy would advocate for nursing issues instead of medial portrayal of nurses (you know, “I’m not a nurse, but I play one on TV”).

I agree that the public can, for the most part, make the distinction between nurses played as farce and real nurses.

What the public doesn’t know about nurses is enormous – that there are almost three million registered nurses, that about 94% are women (and that demographic doesn’t change much), that thousands of qualified students can’t be accommodated in nursing programs, that nurse faculty are paid less than new graduates, that the quality of the workplace is one of the highest priority issues for nurses, and that nurses are nigh unto invisible at the health policy table and in the corporate board room.

If ever nurses cease attacking one another, and instead, reach consensus and unite in advocating for their professional issues, the impact will be enormous!

Needless to say, this set of flapping gums writes ad nauseum about nursing issues on the blog, Universal Health. I so value and appreciate nurses, even as I goad and criticize them into moving forward.

Teresa

December 8, 2006 at 9:27 am

What the public knows about nurses, they learn from the popular media, unless they’ve been in a situation where they’ve actually seen nurses at work. I think advocating for the media to portray what nurses do accurately is important work. JMHO.

Kathryn

December 8, 2006 at 11:39 am

It may be that most people can tell a Sexy Nurse from a run-off-her-feet, helping-you-stay-alive nurse, but I still don’t like all that crap out there telling some skeevy guy it will be welcomed when he pinches my butt.

I say a little letter-writing campaign never hurt anyone, as long as the systemic issues are also being addressed concurrently.

Nurse Teri

December 8, 2006 at 1:41 pm

The Center for Nursing Advocacy hasn’t taken a position on the National Nurse Campaign either. Very disappointing since this position would elevate the nursing profession and also put a real (alive- well hopefully not dead :-) ) nurse front and center in the public’s eye by undertaking the mission of delivering the message of prevention to all Americans. It would also give nursing a seat at the federal policy making table and give this nurse legitimate power to speak up for the nursing profession.

Please visit http://www.nationalnurse.org Sign the petition to create an Office of the National Nurse. Submit your email to receive a free weekly newsletter that provides updated information about the campaign. This is a bipartisan effort led by a grassroots group of nurses determined to make a difference.

Thanks in advance!!

apgaRN

December 8, 2006 at 1:55 pm

Kim, As predicted, your post is much more elaborately and eloquently written. I appreciate the link. ;) And as always, value your opinion. Perhaps with more encouragement, our peers will choose more worthwhile battles.
    N

Chris H

December 9, 2006 at 1:40 pm

Looks as if I will be in the minority in writing this comment.
    I believe that the portrayal of nurses as sex objects is both damaging for nursing and does nothing to foster a positive public perception of nurses as health care professionals. It further reinforces in the minds of the public and decision makers that nurses are worth little and have little valuable to contribute to make to health planning.
    So why is this an issue for nursing, when medicine seem to think that negative stereotypes of their role is not an issue? Because medicine start from the position of power and considerable influence in the health care institutions that you and I work in and the governments that influence our work practices and income. The real public perception is that medicine is and should be the decision makers in health and politics more widely (even though medicine “spin doctors” have caught on to the power of victim status in some countries). Whereas in nursing the public sees us as the nice people who do what the more knowledgeable doctor (for “doctor” read “medicine”) demands – not making any decisions independently.
    In the country in which I work (not the USA) a government funded state wide campaign emphasising the professional and caring nature of nursing resulted in a 20% increase in applications to university for undergraduate places in nursing and a significant pay increase for registered nurses. So yes, gaining a positive public perception is important for nursing numbers and income – this campaign started with local nurse advocates lobbying government for this series of advertisements and ended up with the government having a much more sympathetic ear for the nursing pay claim as the public perception (which as we know equals votes) had been changed.
    I would suggest caution on who you choose to castigate – for in turn you may be adding fuel to the fire of those who know that such comments only feed their power and influence and diminish your own.
    I have nothing to do with the CNA, although I did find the recent presentation by Bernice Buresh inspiring when she visited here. Neither am I an ivory tower academic – more than 50% of my week is working shifts in an inner city ED, the remaining time is spent teaching emergency nursing.

Kim

December 9, 2006 at 4:37 pm

Hi Chris!

I really thought I would be the minority opinion in the post! LOL!

Thanks for your well written comment- it was quite timely (Buresh co-wrote “From Silence To Voice”which I just started reading last night!) and thank you for addressing the “why aren’t doctors all up in arms about their portrayal” question…it was one I was contemplating addressing myself.

You did it great and in a small comment and the point is well taken!

I’m not so sure about the “caution on who you castigate” comment – I think the Nursing Advocacy group does some great work and I was truly surprised at what I found over there.

Nurses can disagree and I would hate to think that individual nurses such as myself need to fear speaking out when we see things that can be improved. After all, didn’t Buresh herself note that nurses didn’t want to talk or go on the record?

First of all, I didn’t see it as “castigating”, my opinion being that the most important issues are not necessarily the most sensational issues.

My concern is that by crying “foul” over every single thing, the effectiveness of advocacy is diminished and if there is one thing I don’t want to see, it is nurses being perceived as “victims
    or as having the “victim” mentality.

I’d much prefer to see “proactive” programs such as the one you describe above than “reactive” campaigns. But, that is my opinion.

Another thing I think is “proactive” is to point out what I feel are “weak links” in advocacy. I did this in my post. The issues are important, just not AS important as others, IMHO.

Now it did just occur to me that the one thing the Center for Nursing Advocacy does is

1. Give the INDIVIDUAL nurse a chance to decide for themselves what issues the think are important and

2. The information on how to act on those particular issues

This is something that came me me as I read your comment and had not occurred to me before. For example, I don’t see the sexy-nurse stereotype as a problem, nor the angelic stereotype nor the battle-ax stereotype. Stereotypes are just that.
    But you do see the stereotypes as an issue to be concerned about. We differ.

But what we do agree on is that getting out the information on what nurses actually DO is what is important and is already (after two chapters) the entire basis of the book Buresh co-wrote.

I am all for nursing advocacy, I just think it should be done proactively, not reactively.

And I don’t think you are the minority opinion at all – I’ve gotten emails stating the same opinion that you have.

Thanks for commenting. I was going to send this to YOU in an email but I thought the dialog was important enough to include in the comments and I appreciate your stimulating the discussion!

(PS – Silence to Voice is one empowering book. I hope the rest of it is a great as the first two chapters! And how exciting to have been able to see Bernice Buresh!)

~RN Faye

December 11, 2006 at 1:36 pm

Thanks for another great post and for making me think.

My 2 cents: Media representation of nurses IS important, and stereotypes can deter intelligent men and women from entering the profession in the first place. Many young people today who do not have personal contact with a nurse(social or through the health care system) will get their perception of nursing primarily through the media. Therefore it is imperative that misrepresentation of nurses are kept to a minimum AND more proactive positive images of nursing, by nurses, should be acted upon and embraced, as in RN Kim’s & Buresh’s messages. I create a positive image in my practice and in interactions with my patients to the best of my ability. I am conscious of promoting the profession to those outside of it and work to increase the voice of nursing at the policy level.

I think of it this way: you can’t have a healthy body just by eliminating junk food alone, one needs to also consume a nutritious and whole diet in order to achieve optimal health.

Sandy Summers

December 13, 2006 at 6:15 pm

Hi Kim,

I thought I’d comment on a few issues you raised. One was: “And the general public knows that!!!!!” in regards to our public displays of sexuality.

They don’t actually. They only know what the media tells them and what nurses tell them. Since few people have interactions with nurses, and nurses rarely tell people or the media what they do, research shows, school kids anyway get their most striking impression of nursing from the media. See the research here.

“In my experience, honestly, no one is going to mistake myself or any of my co-workers for a whore-ish looking Christina Augilera sex-kitten.”

Then I’d like to know why 72% of nurses are sexually harassed. Do you really think the bombardment of sexualized images of nurses has nothing to do with that?

If you think the media has no effect on how people think or act, then I wonder what you think the advertising industry is spending trillions on every year…

Thirdly, the whole MSF campaign.

Why would nurses start such a narcissistic organization in the first place that they would call it after themselves, instead of after their work? That doesn’t sound like nurses to me. And do you really think they wouldn’t change their name after hiring their first physician? I would be embarrassed of them if they did not. If they did not change their name, it would be misleading, arrogant and juvenile. People should be fair and not take credit for the work that others do. If nurses had an organization called Nurses without Borders and it was comprised of more physicians than nurses, I would launch a similar campaign to the one we have against MSF to stimulate some thought.

We work to get people to think and to talk. Many of the battles we have taken on were called specious battles when we started them. For instance, the battle to get the US government to call “Take a Loved One to the Doctor Day” “Take a Loved One for a Checkup Day.” Yet we won that with less than 350 letters and a phone call from me to the Office of Minority Health director.

People will change. But first we have to have the courage to ask them to. Come on. Work up the courage to speak. Even for the battles you don’t think can be won. First you have to believe in yourself and your right to be treated fairly by our society.

Sandy Summers, RN, MSN, MPH
    Executive Director
    The Center for Nursing Advocacy
    203 Churchwardens Rd.
    Baltimore, Maryland (MD) USA 21212-2937
    office 1-410-323-1100
    fax 1-443-705-0260
    ssummers@nursingadvocacy.org

Kim

December 13, 2006 at 10:59 pm

Hi Sandy!

Wow – how great to have you comment!!!!

I’ll send this via email, but I’ll put it on the blog, too.

I’m am stunned at the 72% sexual harassment figure. Truly – I’ve been fortunate that it has never happened to me. I’m always doing impromptu surveys at work, this might be something I can (delicately) ask about.

I still tend to discount media in anything, so that explains my belief that the media comes across as so stupid that the average person of intelligence can see right through it. Especially if they have any real experience with health care.

Something occurred to me after I wrote this particular post. I looked over the different issues at the Center and found much more than I expected to find. It wasn’t just what I considered “fluff” – I found some really (to me) important issue which led me to realize that…

(1) As nurses we can individually pick and choose our “issues”. What is significant to me might not be significant to other nurses, and vice-versa.

(2) It’s amazing how few letters need to be written or calls made for a change to occur. If you think there are millions of nurses in the US and it only took 350 letters and one call to change one issue – that’s pretty amazing.

While talking to one of my co-workers last night, she informed me she is a member of the Center and does exactly what I described – acts on those issues she personally feels are important.

I’ve been doing the same thing without realizing it: working toward the Office of National Nurse, writing to BBC America over a show depicting nurses desecrating a dead body (that was one media depiction that got to me). What I was doing as an individual is what the Center gives nurses in general a chance to do and the connection through which to do it.

Again, it was great to hear from you and I’ll be watching the Center for more opportunities!

Kim : )

Mary K.

January 9, 2007 at 11:35 am

Dear Sandy,
    As faculty in a small women’s college in the midwest I took the Heart Attack Grill story to the Nursing Issues class. After discussion, the class vote was:45% offended by the image, 50% noted it was no different then a costume party and 5% really didn’t know. While I would have liked all of them to be offended by the image, I am most concerned with the 5% who just don’t know. It made for great class discussion.

Peggy

February 20, 2007 at 1:50 pm

My mother and her sisters, all RNs, would probably have had a good laugh about the sexy protrayals of nurses, but my FATHER! He’d have been furious! LOL

• [...] know Kim at Emergiblog has covered this very same topic. I also tend to think that the center goes a little too far in their criticism. I mean, nurses are [...]

Indi K Sidhu

July 10, 2007 at 2:48 pm

THANX keep in touch……

Nirvana

September 27, 2011 at 6:11 am

To
    The Chief
    Bangladesh Nursing Council
    203, Sayed Nazrul Islam Sanrani
    86, Bijoy Nagar
    Dhaka 1000
    Bangladesh

Subject: Appeal to stop dirty game that started by some derailed Nurse

Dear Madam/Sir
    Greetings
    Please stop the dirty game that started by some of our derailed colleague. Only money cannot address the need of life and our holy profession nursing. We are not the political worker of any political party no matter how good/bad. We are nurse and always nurse and nurse for ever. We cannot be the pawn of other association or person in power. We must move aimed at ensure service for each patient as maximum as within our limit. Let?s try to extend our relation, communication that could contribute develop our education, skill and national/international bridging.

Please stop running after money. We must remember person in Chair cannot make leader anyone. We must follow some rules and regulation and globally accepted policy is election and Ms. Ismath and her present gang failed completely in December 2009 election. Question raised how she invites Prime Minister to attend Nurses meeting and how she preside the assembly and how she got/arranged money. Who is the screen behind player?

We must remember past, it might happen someone could enjoy some facility for certain duration backed by some derailed power holder or handler but result in long run must worst. We cannot maculate our whole profession in front our nation and particularly not in front 80% general mass of our country.

Regards

NB.
    a. History must say Mr. Shahjahan Howladar is the first elected leader in Bangladesh. And initiatives taken by him held election December 2009 across the country, in the history of Nursing in Bangladesh.
    b. Person defeated in that election Ms. Ismath, become leader and organized July 16, 2011 Prime Minister?s reception. And none should think that whole country people, administration, media, intelligence are blind and foolish. In the near past some people took these sorts of advantage being the pawn of evil politician but ultimate result is worst. We everyday watching it in TV news all those power holder and their follwer facing sequences.

To: “mahfuzajasmine@gmail.com”

Sent: Sunday, July 17, 2011 5:17 PM

To
    Mahfuza Jasmine
    Senior Staff Reporter

Hon?ble Prime Minister, Sheikh Hasina, has encouraged the government officials to perform their official duties without fear of any political manipulation and mishandling.

??? How much it is possible ???

July 16, 2011-Is it a black day of my life orBangladesh nursing history

How it might happen, how whole information system could be foolish

Dear Madam
    Greetings
    Yes I am in Chittagong this morning. Yesterday July 16, 2011 is most painful and shameful day in the history of nursing in Bangladesh. 4 party alliances Ms Ismath, Rahima Zaman, Saleha Dr. Saarwar, Dr. Iqbal & Mafizgroup are leader blessed by Health affairs adviser Syed Modasser Ali. Money collected more than crore from different corner across the country. Country wide threat ?give money or wait for transfer or punishment?. Nurses came to Dhaka having bundle of money failed to enter the hall. Entrance card kept just like train and cinema hall ticket blacker. Would they have audit for this, may be no, never? Prime Minister asking service from Nurses, Is it the way? How we claim better than other? How we would be in front of general nurse and other staff tomorrow?

Entrance card keeping Person staying with entrance card far from Bangabandhu International Conference Centre, like ticket blacker, created artificial crisis demanding money in different way. Someone voiced threat -why you late, doing grouping with Shahjaha? ?would be arrested being late to pay donation. Give more money and enter there otherwise see the drama later. Ismath & Mafiz group leader now and would be next government no Mr. Shahjahan Howlader (FIRST ELECTED LEADER DECEMBER 2009 IN BANGLADESH NURSING HISTORY) arrested and loose the job AND HIS GROUP WOULD SEE THE HELL. How much dirty language person can uttered.

We all ladies were there after whole night journey from Chittagong. Just think our situation. Is it the incentive for us to do better service for the country man. This nursing humiliated several way cause we are lady. We are humiliated by same profession male, doctors, other male hospital staff. You all journalist could claim us, NURSE NOT PERFORMING PROPER SERVICE’ have you ever asked our sorrow, pain? Do you think ever this important for the betterment health service in our country, at least utmost need to ensure minimum service for the poor patient.

Honorable Prime Minister (HPM) is blackmailed in such way. Audacity and power of 4 party alliances. What going on in our country? We all are en-caged by corrupt. You journalist are a bit free? Please have thorough investigation on this case do something that could contribute for the better service for poor patient across the country. All intelligence are in silence and indifference. How painful and shameful for us even HPM.

December 2009 election held as per HPM and Minister?s direction and it was the FIRST ELECTION IN NURSING HISTORY OF BANGLADESH we are elected leader. Yesterday we humiliated and none of the central committee member attends the conference hall. 4 party alliances completed their business blessed by Great Modasser and THAT conducted by Ismath & Mafiz group.

Any remedy?

Regards

Honorable Prime Minister (HPM) blackmailed by 4 party alliances and attended the Nurse Assembly July 16, 2011. Someone opine there is no organization even named Bangladesh Diploma Nurses Welfare Association. General Nurse is highly frustrated observing the silence and indifference of government intelligence also humiliation of their elected leader Mr. Shahajahan Hawlader.

President, Chittagong Division
    Bangladesh Nurses’ Association
    Bangladesh

NB.

General Nurse is highly frustrated observing the silence and indifference of this Chair or other government machinery like different intelligent
    also humiliation of their elected leader Mr. Shahajahan Hawlader.

a. Who will audit the amount more than crore collected in the name of conference centre rent and other incidental cost. How much this cost might be what is the fate of rest money? Where this money kept right now? Who knows the answer?

b. July 16, 2011 morning Ms. Rahima Zaman’s sister received money without any receipt how she is authorized for this. PM promoted nurses up to second class what is her rank. Who promoted her to be cashier for this job?

c. Do Bangladesh Diploma Nurses Welfare Association has any Bank Account. If not how this huge amount of Taka more than crore from poor service holder (nurses) adjusted. How this organization constitute? How this leader elected ? Relation with health adviser is such powerful make anybody leader and earn money any way? Where is the different government intelligence?

d. Prime minister promoted nursess in exchange Health Adviser taking money by Ms Ismath, Rahima Zaman, Saleha, Dr. Saarwar, Mr. Mafiz group and their Chamcha from us

e. Is Ms Ismath, Rahima Zaman, Saleha honorable health adviser’s daughter ? Uttered publicly in front of HPM mean – empower them to collect more money? Is it a plea that give money to them without any hesitation.

f. Who arrange the game

Someone voiced threat -why you late, doing grouping with Shahjahan? Youwould be arrested being late to pay donation. Give more money and enter there otherwise see the drama later. Ismath & Mafiz group leader now and would be next government no Mr. Shahjahan Howlader (FIRST ELECTED LEADER DECEMBER 2009 IN BANGLADESH NURSING HISTORY) arrested and loose the job AND HIS GROUP WOULD SEE THE HELL. How much dirty language person can uttered.

And Chamchas crying give money otherwise must face sequences.what a game going on…………………..

Is there anyone in our country to check it thoroughly mitigate nurses sufferings. How long we would be in the position.

Prime minister promoted us in exchange Health Adviser taking money via Ms Ismath, Rahima Zaman, Saleha Dr. Sarwar, Dr. Iqbal & Mafiz group from us

? Please, save a drop of water daily, during all water related activities
    ? Please, plant at least a Native tree annually in own home or in the community

Let?s raise voice against corruption. corporate terrorism, detrimental doings in the name of humanitarian service, medias are encaged to the power and profit that breed vulnerability for the mass. Our globe cannot be a play ground of corrupt, criminals. Let?s voice Individual Social Responsibility – very urgent to start a process bringing significant change in mindset among the young blood – ?What a lot of things there are a man can do without?

Nirvana

September 27, 2011 at 6:14 am

Could you tell me how many we work as Nurse? Could we vision what big we could contribute for humanity? Just one dollar from each could build modern Nursing Institute. If we monthly do it yearly 12 Institute could be build. If all retired Nurse have voluntary zeal to teach developing country nursing student by 10 years we could change the face of earth. May we start the process?

Scrubs Gallery