April 19, 2007, 8:08 am
…..is up and running over at Blissful Entropy this week!
Erica did a great job – right in the middle of opening a brand new ER, too!
Holy cow, and I thought I had stress!
Many thanks to Erica for hosting! If you would like to host a future edition, just let me know!
Speaking of letting me know, Change of Shift returns to Emergiblog in two weeks! Send to me directly or use Blog Carnival!
Change of Shift is four editions away from its first anniversary!
April 18, 2007, 10:25 pm
Ever have one of those weeks?
Let’s put it this way, I’m not the orange cat.
As you can tell from the photo, this picture is from one of my absolute favorite internet hang outs, StuffOnMyCat.com.
Cat lovers, this is a laugh-out-loud funny site.
Sometimes, you just need a cat.
Good thing I have seven of them!
(Yes, seven. That is what happens when your son works for animal control and brings home itty bitty kittens to foster. It took four kittens before I realized I couldn’t let them go!)
Gee, it’s too bad I’m not watching American Idol this year. I’d be ecstatic right about now.
See ya, Sanjaya!
(UPDATE: Oh my, he actually cried! Now I feel horrible. Not that I was watching, I was just passing through the room….)
I have to give props to Labor Nurse over at The Life and Times of a Labor Nurse for giving me the inspiration for this post.
Emergiblog is found through some really, uh, interesting internet searches.
I thought I’d share some of the “googles” that bring readers to the site.
- “on his foot with her” – Journey said it best, “Any way you want it, that’s the way you need it…..”
- “Barbie bad” – Ken happy!
- “ugly nurse” – move along, there is nothing to see here
- “ivory soap suppository” – whatever floats your boat. Get it? Ivory soap…it floats…
- “pepto-bismol x-ray” – the only time I’ve seen Pepto Bismol on an x-ray was when the patient administered it rectally. In the bottle.
- “kim hamill” – sorry, Mark married someone else.
- “breast milk funny” – yeah, but you can’t build a sit com around it.
- “sexy big boobs” – move along, there is nothing to see here. Trust me on this one.
- “how you know you’re an rn student” – um, usually you get a letter in the mail that says you are accepted and then you start going to classes.
- “nurse thong” – not here. You can probably find one over at iTunes, though.
- “how to handle vomit” – very carefully.
- “running in heels” – don’t come cryin’ to my ER when you sprain your ankle. Dummy.
- “chart amount of wars” – hmmm…is this a new Joint Commission thing?
For the most part, the searches really are for nurse related topics.
Except…after almost two years, they are still looking for Dorothy Hamill’s haircut.
Aren’t we all, my friends.
Aren’t we all.
April 17, 2007, 8:56 pm
If you have decided to look into online nursing programs, Earn My Degree.com is an excellent place to start.
Earn My Degree.com requested this review and I have been compensated for writing it. As always, Earn My Degree.com does not know the content of the review until it is posted. Given my enthusiasm for online learning, I was happy to provide a review of the site.
The link provided takes you directly to the list of online nursing degree programs. Other degree programs are visible by clicking on the left sidebar.
The site is actually a portal for nine different universities.
The programs of each university are listed. Some universities offer certificate programs in addition to their RN-to-BSN or MSN programs, something I did not know before.
There are brief descriptions of each university and each degree/certificate program, but there is very little actual information on what each program requires.
You must contact the universities directly to obtain substantial information about the programs.
This is not, however, a negative aspect of the site. It is what it is: a way to learn about which universities are offering programs and links that allow you to send in for additional information.
While the list is obviously not a comprehensive overview of every online program available, the nine universities listed give you a good idea about what is out there in the field of online nursing education, which makes Earn My Degree.com a good initial resource when you are looking for an online nursing program.