May 16, 2007, 7:42 pm

Be Afraid. Be Very Afraid.

hitchcock

Fat Doctor and Flea are gone.

As of today.

This may be common knowledge, but I just found out about it and I’m devastated.

I don’t know why. Or how.

Cathy from “Cathy’s Rants and Ramblin’s”, NeoNurseChic and Doctor Anonymous have started a group blog called “I’m A Blogaholic“.

It’s for those of us who don’t/can’t maintain a regular public blog but want to keep a voice in the blogosphere.

Makes me appreciate my hospital and co-workers just a bit more today. It makes a difference when you can blog without interference.

I used to think that was just part of our first-amendment right to free speech.

Guess that isn’t the opinion of certain others of our professions.

Don’t get me started.

In my current frame of mind I just might go off; not a good thing to do when you don’t have all the facts.

I just know I’m going to miss them.

Labor Nurse

May 16, 2007 at 8:22 pm

Wow. This reiterates why I am “anonymous”. But I do fear what has happened to Flea and Fat Doc. People are jealous, vindictive, and generally out to make others miserable while trying to make a buck off you. It makes me consider making my blog by invitation only. Which I would hate to do.

Doctor Anonymous

May 17, 2007 at 4:13 am

I’d love for you (and anyone else) to join our group blog – even just to guest post and say hello. I’m going to be sending you an “official” invite. Think about it. It’s where all the fun people are!

Sharon from NY

May 17, 2007 at 6:40 am

HOLY COW! Kim, I just read Flea’s blog a few days ago…. I didn;t see any hint of this. After what happened with Barb aka Barbados Butterfly, I thought that people who were affiliated ( sp?) with a specific institution might feel some pressure…. but for Heaven’s sake- Flea is in a single private practice!

crankyprof

May 17, 2007 at 12:16 pm

I was a long-time lurker ar Flea’s blog…what happened? Was it related to the lawsuit?

Lisa

May 17, 2007 at 11:01 pm

I just noticed that FD was invite-only (and I’m not, wahhh) and hadn’t gotten over to Flea’s yet today. Thanks for the head’s up. It’s getting lonely out here!

Dr. Deb

May 18, 2007 at 5:44 pm

I was sad to learn of their leaving. Another blogpal, Dr. Dork is gone too. So many have left the blogosphere.

ER Murse

May 18, 2007 at 11:10 pm

This is a good example why I chose to stay anonymous in my blogging adventures. When you express an opinion publicly you never know when your message will not sit right with someone and all of a sudden your “under investigation” for something totally unrelated. Been there, done that. MURSE

crankyprof

May 19, 2007 at 6:25 am

NHS Blog Doc has a brief section in his latest BritMeds post about what happened to Fat Doctor. Apparently, some vicious, small-minded and vindictive creature at her workplace printed out her entire blog and showed it to her boss.

Tattletales deserve to be heaped with scorn.

George

May 19, 2007 at 7:11 am

This is very worrying and irritating at the same time. Yes DrDork is gone too and I wonder why?

PS My address has changed.

RN Pocket Guide