This is totally cool.
I’m walking into Starbucks and right there on the door is a poster of Sir Paul himself!
I had not even ordered my espresso drink!
On June 5th, Starbucks will be playing Paul’s new album, “Memory Almost Full” exclusively in their stores.
And I’m off that day!
Oh, I could buy the CD, stay at home and listen.
But think about it!
Starbucks + Paul McCartney + Blogging = Nirvana!
I am so freakin’ easy to please!
It’s a good thing I wasn’t watching “American Idol” this year, or I’d be thrilled that Jordin won.
Someone tagged me for a meme and now I can’t remember who it was. If you tagged me, and you are reading this, please email me so that I can give credit where it is due!
I’m supposed to write eight interesting things about me. Well frankly, my life is as interesting as a hot plate of scrambled eggs, but I’m in the mood for a light-hearted post so here they are:
- I belong to the Richard Simmons Clubhouse online. Quit laughing, you guys! It’s fun, and I’ve always had a soft spot for Richard since the very first “Sweatin’ to the Oldies” videocassette. That was pre-computer era! It is still the best exercise video on the market. “Sweatin’ on Broadway” is a close second.
- I was a cheerleader for seven years. Made Head Varsity in my senior year. No photos exist from that era. Really. That was before film was invented.
- When the film “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band was released in 1978 (Barry Gibb in CinemaScope!), I was at the very first matinee on the very first day it was released. I went home, got my sister and saw it again. Then I went home, got my (not yet) husband and went back and saw it a third time. Same day.
- Speaking of husbands, we had our first date two weeks after we met and were engaged two weeks later. Married a year after that. We’ll celebrate 28 years this June. Any man willing to marry a woman who spent nine hours in a movie theater to see Barry Gibb is a keeper.
- I’ve read the entire 3000 page Civil War trilogy by Shelby Foote. And the trilogy by Bruce Catton. And biographies on Lincoln, Grant, Lee, Longstreet, Jackson and Jefferson Davis. Been a Civil War buff for years. Would recommend “Team of Rivals” to anyone interested in Lincoln.
- The farthest I ever traveled for a concert was 3000 miles. Puerto Rico. Steve Perry’s “For the Love of Strange Medicine” tour in 1995. Would do it again in a heartbeat.
- I wanted to go to the Samuel Merritt Hospital School of Nursing in Oakland, CA. It was still a diploma program in 1975 and I wanted to have the same education Cherry Ames had. We couldn’t afford it. I was accepted into my community college program the next year and the rest is still unwritten (vague Natasha Beddingfield reference).
- When I get into something, I am very passionate about it (in case that wasn’t obvious). Notre Dame. Cleveland Browns. NASCAR (Go Kasey!). British comedy. Spongebob Squarepants (is that the funniest thing ever or what?).
Okay, I hear the snores! Wake up people!
Now, I know what you are thinking.
Will she tag me or won’t she?
Only my hairdresser knows for sure…..