The Service Employees International Union represents 84,000 nurses nationwide and corresponds with an additional 200,000 nurses via email updates.
This week Rep. Schakowsky plans to introduce a federal safe staffing bill: The Nurse Staffing Standards for Patient Safety and Quality Care Act of 2005 (H.R. 1222).
This Monday, May 7th, a National RN Conference call with Rep. Schakowsky will take place, and you can show your support by joining us and calling in!
Here are the details:
- What: National RN Conference Call with Rep. Jan Schakowsky
- When: Monday, May 7th, 12:30pm ET
- How: Dial toll-free 1-888-428-4478 a few minutes before the call start time.
- When the operator asks which call you are joining, say: “nurse conference call”
- Duration: Approximately 30 minutes.
I’ll be blogging the call, with a post going up immediately after the call has been completed. If I feel adventurous I’ll try to live blog it, but I think concentrating on the content and then writing will be easier.
I’ve been a direct recipient of the benefits of safe-staffing laws passed here in California and I’m excited that this issue is being addressed on a federal level.
Please join us on Monday. This issue crosses all political affiliations and affects not only ourselves but our patients.
I’m proud to be a part of this outreach!