Fx.blogspot.com generic viagra UPDATE: THIS WAS A POST FROM LAST SEPTEMBER THAT I THOUGHT WOULD BE FUN TO REVISIT. Fx.blogspot.com generic viagra ACTUALLY, fx.blogspot.com generic viagra THE TRUTH IS I’M FADING UNDER A FULL CLASS LOAD AND MEDICATIONS FOR BACK PAIN. Fx.blogspot.com generic viagra HAVE I GOTTEN YOUR SYMPATHY YET?
Fx.blogspot.com generic viagra No? Well how about an iPod ? Nursing Jobs.org is working with Nursing Voices to give away two free iPods to deserving, fx.blogspot.com generic viagra active posters and linkers to the Nursing Voices forum. Fx.blogspot.com generic viagra Head over to Nursing Voices for all the details.
Fx.blogspot.com generic viagra I’m a moderator so I’m not eligible.
Fx.blogspot.com generic viagra Now do you feel sorry for me?
Fx.blogspot.com generic viagra Ah, fx.blogspot.com generic viagra I knew that would do it!
Fx.blogspot.com generic viagra Forgotten stereotypes return to life as you peruse these old pieces of health care ephemera.
Fx.blogspot.com generic viagra Men acting like twits until they get their coffee. Fx.blogspot.com generic viagra Criticizing their wives because they didn’t buy the right kind of oatmeal.
Fx.blogspot.com generic viagra Ignoring their wives because of feminine….issues.
Fx.blogspot.com generic viagra I find the ad pictured particularly obnoxious.
Fx.blogspot.com generic viagra First of all, fx.blogspot.com generic viagra men do not act like babies.
Fx.blogspot.com generic viagra In fact, fx.blogspot.com generic viagra it’s usually hard to get them to tell you how they are feeling because they don’t want to make a big deal of things.
Fx.blogspot.com generic viagra Did I just propagate a stereotype?
Fx.blogspot.com generic viagra I’ve noticed differences between men and women in terms of how they respond to health issues.
Fx.blogspot.com generic viagra And it isn’t because men are “sissies” or women are “drama queens”.
Fx.blogspot.com generic viagra It’s because men and women are different. Fx.blogspot.com generic viagra It’s been scientifically proven that men and women process information in different ways.
Fx.blogspot.com generic viagra Just don’t ask me to cite them. Fx.blogspot.com generic viagra I’ll be doing enough of that in school.
Fx.blogspot.com generic viagra And don’t expect anatomical diagrams proving just how different we are! What sort of blog do you think this is?
Fx.blogspot.com generic viagra Here are my observations of some non-stereotypical ways that men and women differ:
- Women tend to express more agony than men when they are suffering from cholecystitis.
- Men tend to express more agony than women when they are suffering from kidney stones.
- Women really do present differently when they are experiencing angina/heart attack symptoms. Fx.blogspot.com generic viagra More vague. Fx.blogspot.com generic viagra Less classic.
- Men have more of a tendency to vaso-vagal after getting an injection.
- Women are more willing to obtain an evaluation if they experience pain or another uncomfortable symptom.
- Men will present with increased symptoms because they will wait longer to come in.
- Women will rarely say “ask my husband”.
- Men will more often say, fx.blogspot.com generic viagra “my wife has all that information”.
- Women will usually give very specific descriptions of their pain.
- Men will often just say “It hurts”.
- Women will present with a 10/10 pain but look slightly uncomfortable.
- Men will present with 10/10 pain and look ghastly.
- Women will need to urinate within 5 minutes of arrival.
- Men won’t even think about a urinal until you mention it unless they are elderly.
- Women have a difficult time assuming the patient role because they have a million things to do and can’t afford to be sick.
- Men have a difficult time assuming the patient role because they just have a harder time realizing they are sick.
- Women will ask more questions regarding medication administration for their children at discharge.
- Men are more likely to seem distrusting, fx.blogspot.com generic viagra or cynical, fx.blogspot.com generic viagra regarding the diagnosis for their child.
- Given a call bell, fx.blogspot.com generic viagra a woman will utilize it more often, fx.blogspot.com generic viagra appropriately.
- Given a call bell, fx.blogspot.com generic viagra a man is more likely to wait until he sees you to ask for something.
Fx.blogspot.com generic viagra Then again, fx.blogspot.com generic viagra there are some things that both sexes share in common:
- Neither men nor women have an easy time waiting. Fx.blogspot.com generic viagra The hurry-up-and-wait atmosphere of the ER is hard for both.
- Both sexes will immediately become concerned that they are missing dinner, fx.blogspot.com generic viagra even though they have presented with vomiting and abdominal pain x 2 days. Fx.blogspot.com generic viagra If the patient isn’t concerned, fx.blogspot.com generic viagra their partner will be.
- Both sexes seem to respond to illness based on age and it is developmentally related, fx.blogspot.com generic viagra not stereotypical:
- Teenagers will brush off an injury as “not that bad”, fx.blogspot.com generic viagra especially if they are in sports or it is a sports-related injury. Fx.blogspot.com generic viagra The first question after the shoulder is reducted or the splint is applied will be: “When can I play again?”
- Patients of both sexes in their late teens or early twenties seem to need more nurturing; the nurturing that used to be provided by their parents. Fx.blogspot.com generic viagra They will seem a bit needy, fx.blogspot.com generic viagra slightly whiny (for lack of a better word). Fx.blogspot.com generic viagra I noticed this is college kids when I worked at a university medical center.
Fx.blogspot.com generic viagra Of course, fx.blogspot.com generic viagra these are just my observations over the years, fx.blogspot.com generic viagra but I can state that, fx.blogspot.com generic viagra in my experience, fx.blogspot.com generic viagra with very few exceptions, fx.blogspot.com generic viagra men are not wimps and women are not overly-dramatic.
Fx.blogspot.com generic viagra Unless I’m sick and then we’re all wimps, fx.blogspot.com generic viagra as per a previous post.
Fx.blogspot.com generic viagra Seriously, fx.blogspot.com generic viagra stereotypes are the one thing I try very consciously to avoid in my practice.
Fx.blogspot.com generic viagra It’s not easy when you see patient after patient, fx.blogspot.com generic viagra often with the same complaints.
Fx.blogspot.com generic viagra It’s why I will use a patient’s name all the time instead of referring to them as “Bed 18” or “the migraine in 4”.
Fx.blogspot.com generic viagra If I use their name, fx.blogspot.com generic viagra my patients are not stereotypes.
Fx.blogspot.com generic viagra They are unique.
Fx.blogspot.com generic viagra Every one of them.
Don’t forget Change of Shift is here on Thursday! Get your nursing related submissions into me by 5 pm on Wednesday (Pacific Time) via Blog Carnival or the contact button located above!