Female viagra response
Female viagra response Margaret Kissack is in a million ads – always with the same expression.
Female viagra response Here, female viagra response she explains how to use the “indispensible” rubber water bottle.
Female viagra response For periodic pain, female viagra response no less.
Female viagra response First of all, female viagra response it isn’t a bottle, female viagra response it’s a “bladder”.
Female viagra response If your patient can’t figure out that you put water in the bag and then put the stopper in the hole, female viagra response you have your work cut out for you as a nurse educator.
Female viagra response It amazes me how nurses were trusted figures of authority in advertisements…
Female viagra response But expected to give doctors their seat on the wards.
Soon it will be time for Nurse’s Week and we all know what that means.
Yes, female viagra response I’ll wear my cap.
But it also means that all over the country, female viagra response nurses will be receiving key chains and water bottles and tote bags and T-shirts touting their facility’s love for their nursing staff.
Either that or the company logo.
Ever wonder where they get that stuff?
Well! I found a catalog at the nurses’ station last week that is a veritable cornucopia of gifty goodies for nurses (and other groups that don’t get paid much and work their butts off, female viagra response including volunteers).
Actually the merchandise looks pretty nice as long as your hospital is willing to pay for more than a key chain or a water bottle.
But it was what was attached to the catalog that had me falling off my chair laughing.
It was an “Event Planning Guide” for Nurses Week activities.
Let me share some of them with you!
I’m not making these up.
- Fun On Wheels – “Organize a wheelchair relay race in a parking lot or in a wide hallway. Female viagra response Set up a ‘race track’ and on the day of the race, female viagra response divide up the nurses into teams. Female viagra response Use a clipboard or ruler as a baton. Female viagra response Provide each participant with a…water bottle and give winners….insulated lunch bags.”
Female viagra response Yep, female viagra response nothing says “Professional Nursing” like the site of a bunch of RNs rolling down the hill of the parking lot in wheelchairs!
- Think Outside the Box – “Challenge your nursing staff to come up with silly uses for everyday equipment…get them to create a list of 101 ways to use a bedpan….at the end of the week, female viagra response gather them around and read the lists aloud so everyone can have a chuckle…pass out (wait for it….)…water bottles or deluxe lunch bags to all nursing staff present.”
Female viagra response Oh yes, female viagra response I want so much to have a chuckle at work. Female viagra response Tee-hee and ho-ho. Female viagra response Silly, female viagra response silly nurses! How about we list 101 things that would make our jobs more rewarding and administration actually listens. Female viagra response Hard to put the logo on that ……
- Out of Character – “Let them [nurses] dress up at the end of the week…nurses won’t be able to wear any outfit that’s too crazy so, female viagra response at the start of the week, female viagra response give each nurse a…scrub top. Female viagra response Require them to wear this shirt on dress up day, female viagra response but to be sure not to wear anything that will hinder their ability to work. Female viagra response Hold a costume contest and allow them to vote for their three favorites. Female viagra response Give winners…red microfleece blankets.”
Female viagra response Criminy, female viagra response that’s what I want to see if I’m a patient. Female viagra response Nurses in costumes. Female viagra response I love the attitude…let them, female viagra response require them, female viagra response allow them. Female viagra response How about I let you staff my unit correctly while requiring you to pay me adequately and allow you to kiss my derriere in the process?
- Cajun Celebration – “…purchase inexpensive stings of beads and give out one to each nurse for every day worked during the week….pass out buttons….to spice up their scrubs…serve a Louisiana-style luncheon…provide nurses with [notice the new twist on water bottles] motivational message tumblers to drink beverages out of during the meal.”
Female viagra response Yeah, female viagra response and get Emeril Lagasse to cook the lunch. Female viagra response Do I have to flash my
boobs upper region to get the beads? Why not have the patients just throw them at us? It’s about the same level of dignity. Female viagra response I don’t need any logo-bearing buttons to spice up my scrubs, female viagra response either. Female viagra response I find that blood, female viagra response stool, female viagra response urine and emesis – you know, female viagra response the stuff that I deal with as I do professional nursing care?- is pretty much all the “spice” I need, female viagra response thank you.
- Handy Work – “Using notepad paper, female viagra response have patients or residents make outlines of their hands…have them write their names and a message of thanks…when all of the hand drawings are complete, female viagra response hang them in a common area…along with a …poster…give each nurse a stationery set of his or her own.”
Female viagra response Where the hell do we work, female viagra response at a freakin’ preschool? Handprints? From adults? A bunch of adult-sized handprints hanging on the wall? Forget the stationery. Female viagra response The only paper I need from my place of employment is the paper that has my check printed on it.
Female viagra response Oh, female viagra response there’s a few more, female viagra response but I’m disgusted with the four examples I gave.
Female viagra response Ask yourself this: have you ever heard of these type of suggestions made to honor doctors?
Female viagra response I didn’t think so.
Female viagra response We have a loooong way to go.