Viagra dosage Margaret Kissack is in a million ads – always with the same expression.
Viagra dosage Here, viagra dosage she explains how to use the “indispensible” rubber water bottle.
Viagra dosage For periodic pain, viagra dosage no less.
Viagra dosage First of all, viagra dosage it isn’t a bottle, viagra dosage it’s a “bladder”.
Viagra dosage If your patient can’t figure out that you put water in the bag and then put the stopper in the hole, viagra dosage you have your work cut out for you as a nurse educator.
Viagra dosage It amazes me how nurses were trusted figures of authority in advertisements…
Viagra dosage But expected to give doctors their seat on the wards.
Soon it will be time for Nurse’s Week and we all know what that means.
Yes, viagra dosage I’ll wear my cap.
But it also means that all over the country, viagra dosage nurses will be receiving key chains and water bottles and tote bags and T-shirts touting their facility’s love for their nursing staff.
Either that or the company logo.
Ever wonder where they get that stuff?
Well! I found a catalog at the nurses’ station last week that is a veritable cornucopia of gifty goodies for nurses (and other groups that don’t get paid much and work their butts off, viagra dosage including volunteers).
Actually the merchandise looks pretty nice as long as your hospital is willing to pay for more than a key chain or a water bottle.
But it was what was attached to the catalog that had me falling off my chair laughing.
It was an “Event Planning Guide” for Nurses Week activities.
Let me share some of them with you!
I’m not making these up.
- Fun On Wheels – “Organize a wheelchair relay race in a parking lot or in a wide hallway. Viagra dosage Set up a ‘race track’ and on the day of the race, viagra dosage divide up the nurses into teams. Viagra dosage Use a clipboard or ruler as a baton. Viagra dosage Provide each participant with a…water bottle and give winners….insulated lunch bags.”
Viagra dosage Yep, viagra dosage nothing says “Professional Nursing” like the site of a bunch of RNs rolling down the hill of the parking lot in wheelchairs!
- Think Outside the Box – “Challenge your nursing staff to come up with silly uses for everyday equipment…get them to create a list of 101 ways to use a bedpan….at the end of the week, viagra dosage gather them around and read the lists aloud so everyone can have a chuckle…pass out (wait for it….)…water bottles or deluxe lunch bags to all nursing staff present.”
Viagra dosage Oh yes, viagra dosage I want so much to have a chuckle at work. Viagra dosage Tee-hee and ho-ho. Viagra dosage Silly, viagra dosage silly nurses! How about we list 101 things that would make our jobs more rewarding and administration actually listens. Viagra dosage Hard to put the logo on that ……
- Out of Character – “Let them [nurses] dress up at the end of the week…nurses won’t be able to wear any outfit that’s too crazy so, viagra dosage at the start of the week, viagra dosage give each nurse a…scrub top. Viagra dosage Require them to wear this shirt on dress up day, viagra dosage but to be sure not to wear anything that will hinder their ability to work. Viagra dosage Hold a costume contest and allow them to vote for their three favorites. Viagra dosage Give winners…red microfleece blankets.”
Viagra dosage Criminy, viagra dosage that’s what I want to see if I’m a patient. Viagra dosage Nurses in costumes. Viagra dosage I love the attitude…let them, viagra dosage require them, viagra dosage allow them. Viagra dosage How about I let you staff my unit correctly while requiring you to pay me adequately and allow you to kiss my derriere in the process?
- Cajun Celebration – “…purchase inexpensive stings of beads and give out one to each nurse for every day worked during the week….pass out buttons….to spice up their scrubs…serve a Louisiana-style luncheon…provide nurses with [notice the new twist on water bottles] motivational message tumblers to drink beverages out of during the meal.”
Viagra dosage Yeah, viagra dosage and get Emeril Lagasse to cook the lunch. Viagra dosage Do I have to flash my
boobs upper region to get the beads? Why not have the patients just throw them at us? It’s about the same level of dignity. Viagra dosage I don’t need any logo-bearing buttons to spice up my scrubs, viagra dosage either. Viagra dosage I find that blood, viagra dosage stool, viagra dosage urine and emesis – you know, viagra dosage the stuff that I deal with as I do professional nursing care?- is pretty much all the “spice” I need, viagra dosage thank you.
- Handy Work – “Using notepad paper, viagra dosage have patients or residents make outlines of their hands…have them write their names and a message of thanks…when all of the hand drawings are complete, viagra dosage hang them in a common area…along with a …poster…give each nurse a stationery set of his or her own.”
Viagra dosage Where the hell do we work, viagra dosage at a freakin’ preschool? Handprints? From adults? A bunch of adult-sized handprints hanging on the wall? Forget the stationery. Viagra dosage The only paper I need from my place of employment is the paper that has my check printed on it.
Viagra dosage Oh, viagra dosage there’s a few more, viagra dosage but I’m disgusted with the four examples I gave.
Viagra dosage Ask yourself this: have you ever heard of these type of suggestions made to honor doctors?
Viagra dosage I didn’t think so.
Viagra dosage We have a loooong way to go.