April 17, 2008, 5:25 pm

I Don’t Wanna Study!

room

Well, well it looks like Nurse Gertrude is taking orders triaging in the Men’s Geriatric Emergency Department!

Uncle Joe is giving his order while Bert is helping Ernie with the menu selections.

You would think he would know Thursday is “Meatloaf Day”!

Please note the uneven black stripe on Nurse Gertrude’s cap.

Disgraceful!

********************

cos

Change of Shift is up and running over at Nurse Sean’s this week and he did a bee-u-tiful job! He really set the bar high with this edition!

Next edition Julie at Life in the NHS is taking on hosting duties. I’ll forward any submissions you send (and I’ll post Julie’s CoS email address when I get it), or you can always use Blog Carnival.

********************

funny pictures

First of all, many thanks for all the prayers and thoughts over the last week!

They worked – no cancer!

Not sure what actually is going on, but it ain’t the big “C”!

Get this – I called the MD office to find out if they would call me if the biopsy results came in sooner than two weeks.

They already had the results, and no one called to tell me.

Now why the hell would you make someone wait two weeks when the results were in within six days? We’re talking biopsy here, folks, not a toe x-ray!

Well, the doctor must have given permission because her medical technician read me the results over the phone.

And Monday I’ll have an official visit to figure out what is going on and if we even have to do anything.

My doctor is wonderful. She is really soft-spoken, nice, understanding. And she works in an ungodly busy practice. I think I’d be more comfortable in a smaller practice. I know I’m not the only patient she has. But when waiting for something as significant as biopsy results, one would like to think they are at least a significant patient.

Hmmm…I feel a blog post coming on……

At any rate, if there is more to the story, I’ll reactivate Scared to Health and do my “patient” blogging over there.

I guess my dream of being the first person to live blog their hysterectomy is on hold……

********************

ambulance

Of all who work in the emergency medical field, the ones on the front lines are the true “heroes”.

Paramedics put their lives on the line everyday. It’s what they do.

Monkey Girl at Musings of a Highly Trained Monkey has a story of a medic who paid the ultimate price.

And the fund raiser held each year since 2006 for his two sons.

Read the story, then click the “Donate” button. I did.

For all those who pay the ultimate price in the line of duty.

(Photo courtesy of freefoto.com)

********************

palsbook

You know, one of these days I will get around to posting the next installment of my idea for nursing education, even though someone in the comments of the last post on the topic actually beat me to it (hi, Candy!).

In the meantime consider this:

The price of a PALS recertification class: $125.00

The price of required materials: $35.00

Not studying so you can post to your blog: Priceless!

********************

simon

And in the “it’s my blog so I’ll post what I want” category, we have this man.

It’s a good thing I’m not watching American Idol this year because (a) I’d be upset that Michael Johns is gone, (b) I’d be betting my last dime that David Archuleta will win it all and (c) I might develop a terrible crush on this gorgeous hunk.

That is, if I was watching American Idol.

may

April 17, 2008 at 6:12 pm

relieved and happy for you :) thanks for sharing the good news.

Lisa

April 17, 2008 at 6:20 pm

I’m glad to hear the good results. *whew!* :)

I always get copies of my medical tests. If you think it was bad that they lied about how long the results would take; wait until (another time)you find out you had abnormal results and was told “everything came back ok”. Yikes! Happens all the time.

Sandy

April 17, 2008 at 6:55 pm

Oh Kim! I’m so relieved for you, too! What wonderful news!

TBTAM

April 17, 2008 at 7:20 pm

Sounds like you had either an endometrial biopsy or colposcopy.

Glad to hear all is beign.

If you want to discuss anything, give a shout .

Julie

April 17, 2008 at 10:12 pm

Great news Kim!! It is amazing the things that seem appealing when you should be studying, but Simon Cowell?

rlbates

April 18, 2008 at 4:01 am

Relieved for you, Kim! Take care.

geena

April 18, 2008 at 8:29 am

What a relief!!! Good thing you called just to find out if the results were in.

Yay!!!

AlisonH

April 18, 2008 at 12:00 pm

Happy dance! Put on the Paul McCartney full blast!!

blondefabulous

April 18, 2008 at 3:50 pm

Hooray!!!!!!! The big C is not in the picture! Whoopee!

medrecgal

April 18, 2008 at 8:28 pm

That’s fabulous news! I’m sure it helps, too, when you have a decent doc… Hopefully she’ll tell you there’s nothing earth shattering that you’ll have to do, and life will get back to some version of “normal”.

As for live blogging a hysterectomy…I’d watch it. I watch a lot of quirky stuff either on YouTube or just via blogs. Been doing it forever, even before the age of the internet.

Dean

April 19, 2008 at 3:05 pm

Congrats on good test results. Had us all worried there for a bit.

Rita Schwab

April 20, 2008 at 4:48 am

Wonderful news Nurse McBlog!!

laurie edwards

April 21, 2008 at 5:58 am

Glad to hear the good news!!!

NPs Save Lives

April 21, 2008 at 8:17 am

Glad to hear everything went well. The Big “C” is a horrible thing to deal with. I can’t imagine waiting for two weeks for results. YIKES!

SchoolNurseJack

April 21, 2008 at 6:42 pm

((Exhales.))) Yay, yay, yay. Hoping you find resolution to whatever’s going on with you, but quite relieved to hear my favorite ER nurse is cancer-free.

JustCallMeJo

April 22, 2008 at 7:39 pm

Whew! I’m so happy the biopsy came back clear!
    /jo

spynster57

April 25, 2008 at 9:31 am

I don’t even know you but I’m happy for your good news. What a weight off your shoulders. However, a crush on Simon?? I understand the attraction to “bad boys” and all, but this one is a verbal abuser! : – ))

Anna

April 26, 2008 at 3:47 am

Adrienne Zurub

April 26, 2008 at 12:28 pm

Oh goody, goody! I’m so glad you are okay!!
    Adrienne