May 14, 2008, 3:28 pm

Somebody Pinch Me!!!!!

My daughter just woke me up 90 minutes early.

She knows better than that!

What on EARTH was so important that I had to lose my beauty sleep before a 12-hour shift?

She was admitted to the nursing program at her university! They begin as freshmen! Just like that, she called, said she was interested, she had taken all required classes in high school, and she is now a part of the School of Nursing.

I knew she was sort of interested, but I never expected she would actually do it!

I’m absolutely stunned!

Remember the post about the University of Portland nursing graduates?

Well, in four years, that will my my daughter walking across that same stage.

I’m going to buy her a cap and put ribbons with UP colors on it. Oh, she’ll never wear it of course, but at least she will have it.

And I’ll make sure it ranks a 10/10 on the Emergiblog Cap Rating Scale.

Proud mama here, folks!

• whitecap nurse

May 14, 2008 at 3:44 pm

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOUR DAUGHTER!!! I wear MY cap every day, maybe she will too.

• NPs Save Lives

May 14, 2008 at 5:49 pm

How awesome for you! I hope she enjoys nursing as much as I know you do. Can’t wait to read all about her adventures.

• rlbates

May 14, 2008 at 6:07 pm

Congrats to you both. Can’t wait for that mother-daughter photo!

• AlisonH

May 14, 2008 at 7:28 pm

Congratulations to both of you!!!

• Mother Jones, RN

May 14, 2008 at 8:18 pm

I can only imagine how proud you are of your daughter. Mazaltof!

MJ

• beastarzmom

May 14, 2008 at 9:46 pm

I think we need a picture of BOTH of you in your 10/10 caps!
    (I had to borrow a cap for my graduation picture, I was that opposed to wearing one!!! sorry…)

• justcallmejo

May 14, 2008 at 9:57 pm

How wonderful! Congratulations to your daughter and you!

You’re definitely doin the right thing in both the Mom and the RN departments!

How exciting!
    /jo

• annemiek

May 15, 2008 at 6:09 am

Congratulations!

• Candy

May 15, 2008 at 8:47 am

Yay! I vote for the twin cap picture, too!

• michelle

May 15, 2008 at 11:06 am

I’m not a nurse but I wound up sitting between two retired nurses at a one day seminar (non-nursing related) and got to hear them reminisce about their early days of schooling and nursing. They had never met but they had attended the same nursing school 3 years apart in Birmingham back in the 50’s. I asked them about their uniforms and did they wear the caps. One said she still had her cap AND her cape! She wears them to reunions with her nursing school classmates.

Congrats and good luck to your daughter. You have every reason to be proud.

• TBTAM

May 15, 2008 at 12:52 pm

Congrats! My daughter, too is considering nursing. A great career. You must be so proud of her!

• ernurse

May 16, 2008 at 3:20 pm

Congratulations!! And all the best to your daughter. Nursing is truly a profession like no other!