I already have a ton of post ideas – six, to be exact, and that was just from the keynote address!
I did want to mention, before going on, that I met Zippy’s cousin today! This is Eenah the Lobster (get it? E-N-A = Eenah) and she is the mascot for the 2009 ENA Meeting in Baltimore!
Zippy himself should be arriving at my door any day now. Hubby is expecting him!
I hope I can show him as good a time as everyone else has. Hope he likes coffee. And NASCAR! And the Cleveland Browns! And Notre Dame! I’ll turn Zippy into such a Notre Dame fan he’ll turn irish green!
The lovely lady on my left is Ms. Candy Goulette, Editor of Advance for Nurses, my partner in crime and the reason I’m sitting here in Minneapolis right now!
She forced convinced me to go, and an I glad she did!
Today was a great overview of what to expect the next two days.
I learned a lot so far this trip.
I learned my hotel is on one side of downtown and the convention center is on the other.
- I learned that trying to present a neat, professional appearance in heels was really not smart.
Because my hotel is on one side of downtown and the convention center is on the other and I walk to get there.
- I learned there is booze in my little refrigerator here in the room, but I somehow have no urge to drink it.
I have, however, wiped out the Diet Pepsi and Pringles stash.
- I learned the entire exhibit section is giving away iPods of all sorts. Maybe I’ll win them all!
I had my picture taken with a dog. A REAL dog. A Saint Bernard. At the Zoll exhibit. Picture will be available Monday. I also got a little stuffed St. Bernard.
- Had my picture taken by Healthcare United– they asked if I was connected to Emergiblog! Well, yes, I guess you could say that! Nice folks, good talking with them! I’m linked on their site – how cool is that?
I learned I am officially 11 years too old to join the Navy Nurse Corp. Damn it. I thought they had upped the age to 55. Oh well, I got literature for my daughter. Just in case she loves those dress whites as much as I do!
- I met the folks from NurseZone, who advertise on Emergiblog. That was fun.
Which leads me to mention that the second bed in my room is covered in swag. Really high quality swag.
- Which means I’m going to need another piece of luggage to take this all home.
There is a TON of great stuff out there, and at the end of all my post ideas I’m going to post about them. I love gadgets and I love new stuff!
Well, I have to get up in six hours and walk (in Reeboks) to the Convention Center.
I have much more profound things to say, really I do, but I’m too pooped to blog with any coherence (as you can tell).
Oh, if you go to any sort of nursing conference? Go with Candy! She knows everybody!