That is The King himself, Richard Petty!
And Petty Enterprises has merged with Gillette/Evernham Motorsports to become….
Richard Petty Motorsports!
The reason I’m so happy? Kasey Kahne is now driving for the team that bears Richard Petty’s name.
It’s hard to explain how totally cool this is to someone who is not into Nascar, but everyone knows the Petty name!
(This great picture was taken for NASCAR Scene by David Griffin)
This photo of my daughter Lillian and our cat Mork was taken in 1981.
I thought catching the smile on both of them was priceless.
I sent the photo into the “I Can Haz Cheezeburger” site with this caption, and it made the regular site!
I nearly fell over.
Between talking to Richard Simmons this week and then having Lillian’s photo show up online, what’s next? Is Ty Pennington going to tell them to “Move that bus!” in front of my house?
The work-behind-the-scenes of our first Medblogger Meet-Up is progressing.
First of all, there were six topics in our medblogger poll that stood out from the others. After a total of 83 votes, these are the six topics rose to the surface, in order of popularity:
1. Blogging for Change: Blogging as Vehicle for Change/Activism in Healthcare (55.4%)
2. Blogger’s Block: Keep the Passion in Your Posting (55.4%)
3. The Danger Zone: Staying on the Good Side of HIPAA (54.2%)
4. Let’s See How Far We’ve Come: The State of the Medical/Health Blogosphere (50.6%)
5. Healthcare Blogger Code of Ethics: Why You Want to Wear the Widget (48.2%)
6. Blogging for a Living: Leveraging Your Expertise (45.8%)
So sponsors are now coming on board (Johnson and Johnson there from the start!), and the big decision is where we are going to hold the meet-up and how we can keep it affordable for our bloggers (us!).
The exciting thing is, it is no longer an idea and is quickly becoming a reality.
I promise to post more info as things become finalized.
I am stoked!