May 10, 2009, 1:22 pm

Live Long, Prosper…AND GO SEE THIS MOVIE, LIKE, YESTERDAY!!!!!

star-trek1

It isn’t a well known fact, but I am an absolute, total, bona fide Trekker.

That’s TrekkER, not TrekkIE.

Big difference.

So believe me when I tell you that they NAILED the new Star Trek movie.

Freaking NAILED it.

You MUST go see it.

It. Is. Stunning.

“I have been and always shall be your friend.”

Best line ever written.

Ever.

Oh, and take Kleenex.

A box.

(Yes, I bawled my eyes out. And yes, I was the only one. But I don’t care!)

Go see it.

Today.

Now!

And look for me, because I’ll probably be there.

• Wendy

May 10, 2009 at 6:41 pm

That movie was sooooo gooood…. I found myself sitting in the movie realizing I was grinning like a freaking idiot about it.

I loved Bones. He was perfect.

• TBTAm

May 11, 2009 at 6:26 am

I cannot wait to see it. I ADORED that show. Not so the movies to date, but this one has really peaked my interest.

May 11, 2009 at 11:29 am

Yes!! Go see it! I second this! I was so happy, and I haven’t even watched the show in over a decade.

• Epijunky

May 11, 2009 at 5:21 pm

I’m absolutely DYING to see this… Hopefully this weekend!

• Pattie, RN

May 12, 2009 at 7:36 am

I like the shows, as well, but if you have to POINT out that you are a trekKER, not a trekKIE—-you are a trekkie. It is a law of the universe. 🙂

• Jen

May 13, 2009 at 6:25 pm

Soooooo good! Loved it! Teary x 3 @ beginning, middle and end. The funny bits were funny, they had nods to the original without being a slave to tradition, the actiony bits were tense, the premise was plausible. All in all, good good whole wheat fun.

• Maureen at IslandRoar

May 14, 2009 at 7:36 am

Really love your blog. I’m a new blogger, and fellow nurse, who recently received a “Splash Award,” and am passing it on to you in appreciation of your work.

• Rachael

May 15, 2009 at 4:15 pm

I am a closet Trekkie too, and absolutely loved this movie. My husband, who is not a Trekkie, came along and loved it as well. We both gave it an “A”!

• memory foam

May 29, 2009 at 8:04 pm

Everyone I know who’s seen it has loved it, which is saying a lot. Also, the characters were so good, asking different people who their favorite was gets different answers … Kirk, Spock, Bones, Uhuru, etc. For me it was Scotty.

Must have been fun to write this movie, as they could take character and then extrapolate back to guess what they would have been like in youth (where their well known qualities could be even more enhanced, more bold).