Buying cialis Perhaps this was a “Nurses Week” gift: a ping pong table in the break room!
Buying cialis This looks like a combination of ping pong and marital arts (Tae Kwon Pong?).
Buying cialis Either way, buying cialis who plays ping-pong in their cap?
Buying cialis Nurse Ratched has discovered the same LOC collection.
Buying cialis Not that I have to use them before she does….
Buying cialis But it’s more fun if I do!
Buying cialis The host for May 27th will be Nurse Teeny at The Makings of a Nurse.
Buying cialis Submissions can be sent via Blog Carnival or to “nurseteeny at gmail dot com”.
Buying cialis Congratulations on your new job!
Buying cialis For the next six weeks (or so), buying cialis you will be center stage, buying cialis in the spotlight.
Buying cialis The play is called “Employment”, buying cialis the audition is called “Orientation”.
Buying cialis You may embark on a long, buying cialis successful engagement, buying cialis or you could go dark on opening night.
Buying cialis Your audience decides.
Buying cialis Your audience = your colleagues.
Let’s face it: orientation is all about evaluation. Buying cialis Your actions directly affect whether or not you are successful in keeping your new role. I’ve seen many an orientation turn into a “dys-orientation”.
How can you tell a successful orientation vs. Buying cialis a “dys-orientation”?
- Orientation: You’re the first to get up and the last to sit down.
- Dysorientation: You think the night shift is for relaxation and spend the down time texting, buying cialis reading five-year-old editions of Better Homes and Gardens and snoozing. Buying cialis At the desk.
- Orientation: You realize the only way you will get the routine of the department is to be responsible for patients. Buying cialis A slow shift means you have to take the patients that do come in to get that experience.
- Dysorientation: You pout when it is suggested that you take those patients, buying cialis even if they are coming in only once an hour with simple chief complaints. Buying cialis
- Orientation: You document your nursing care clearly and legibly.
- Dysorientation: You think scribbling “IV” in the narrative is enough.
- Orientation: You get to know your new co-workers.
- Dysorientation: You spend time trading giggles with the guys/gals in the corner while you have four charts in the rack with orders. Buying cialis
- Orientation: When your work is done, buying cialis you ask your co-workers if they need any help.
- Dysorientation: When your work is done, buying cialis you sit.
I see an entirely different attitude toward orientation in younger hires. Buying cialis The focus is less on “how much can I learn during this time?” and more on “how little do I have to do before I can sit?”.
“What can you do for me?” vs. Buying cialis “What do I need to learn here?
It’s the difference between seeing employment as a registered nurse as a “job” or embracing it as a “career”.
Have I turned into the dreaded “old fogey”? T. Buying cialis Rex, buying cialis RN?
Orientation is supposed to be the time when you put your best foot forward; a time for making a good first impression.
There will be time for socializing or “downtime” activities once you get the rhythm of the department. Buying cialis Time for splitting a slow workload with your co-workers. Buying cialis Time for knowing when you can relax and when you need to be on alert.
Orientation is not that time.