Buying viagra Or maybe she’s looking over her pay stub.
Buying viagra Nah, buying viagra can’t be that. Buying viagra She’s smiling!
Buying viagra The size of our paychecks (and what we go through to increase it) is the subject of this guest post by Julie, buying viagra a registered nurse with an interest in finance who is a staff writer/blogger at The Millionaire Nurse Blog.
Buying viagra Welcome, buying viagra Julie and thanks for guest posting at Emergiblog!
Buying viagra Take it away…….
Working Overtime? Are the Benefits Worth the Risks?
Buying viagra We go to work week after week, buying viagra trudge through shift after shift aiming for that one special day…payday!
Buying viagra There never seems to be enough to meet our financial demands of mortgages, buying viagra car payments, buying viagra insurance, buying viagra child care, buying viagra fuel, buying viagra and other day-to-day expenses that keep our wallets and bank accounts drained.
Buying viagra In short, buying viagra we all just need more money. Buying viagra As nurses, buying viagra our easiest resource is working overtime.
Buying viagra But after working a long, buying viagra exhausting week:
- caring for needy patients and families, buying viagra
- running down physicians for orders they failed to give you (not you, buying viagra Dr. Buying viagra Dean!)
- dealing with the demands of managers and administrators who are out of touch with the real world
Buying viagra I would be insane to go back for another shift!
Buying viagra But nurses are compassionate creatures. Buying viagra We care about our patients and each other. Buying viagra We can’t just sit at home while our co-workers are struggling, buying viagra short staffed as usual!
Buying viagra (And that extra $300-$500 sure would be nice!)
Buying viagra So what do we do? We agree to work another shift. Buying viagra It may be simply to pay that overdue bill or maybe those Lucky Brand jeans or the latest techno gadget such as the iPad or Nook reader we’ve had our eyes on. Buying viagra Christmas shopping is the biggie…how can I afford that iPhone my hubby is dying for?
Buying viagra But are the financial benefits worth the risks?
Buying viagra Nurses are extremely concerned about the care their patients receive, buying viagra yet don’t realize the risks of harm to their patients through increased errors by working extra shifts. Buying viagra Most hospitals have changed nurses’ schedules in recent years from 8-hour shifts to 12-hour shifts, buying viagra lowering staffing requirements for the hospital.
Buying viagra However, buying viagra studies show that fatigue increases and mental alertness decreases with the extended 12-hour workday even though nurses may not be aware.
Buying viagra Medication errors are the number one area affected by fatigue!
Buying viagra Considerations:
- Do errors occur during a regular work shift? Sure, buying viagra they can! But it is more likely to occur when you?ve worked longer hours, buying viagra are physically tired, buying viagra and not as mentally sharp.
- Your family…whether you have children or not, buying viagra the strain your work places on you mentally and physically not only affects you, buying viagra it also affects your spouse and children.
Buying viagra Who wants to live and work with a grouch?
Buying viagra It’s a matter of establishing priorities. Buying viagra Is the financial benefit of that extra shift worth the lack of time spent with your family?
Buying viagra (During the time of our economic crash, buying viagra I was guilty of working every extra shift I could get. Buying viagra While the extra money was great, buying viagra I was totally unaware, buying viagra until my husband finally communicated with me, buying viagra that my extra time and focus spent at work made him feel lonely, buying viagra and unappreciated! Wake up call!)
Buying viagra So, buying viagra where does that leave us in regards to needing extra income or wanting to help our co-workers when staffing is short?
- Don’t give in to working that extra shift if you’ve been short on sleep or have already had a very busy, buying viagra exhausting week.
- Make sure working the extra hours doesn’t jeopardize your family
- Don’t forget about taxes-that extra income will be reported to Uncle Sam! Been there, buying viagra done that!
- Remember, buying viagra trimming expenses first is always an option
Buying viagra Think about the safety of the patients you care for, buying viagra the strain on your family, buying viagra and the added stress on yourself and choose your extra hours wisely! When it comes to making mistakes, buying viagra administration may forget they begged you to take that extra shift.
Buying viagra The risks could very easily cost you your license or family!
Buying viagra Reader Questions:
Buying viagra Have you ever worked when you knew you weren’t safe?
Buying viagra Have you ever been pressured into working shifts, buying viagra and then wound up regretting it because you knew you were not at your best?