Female male viagra Or maybe she’s looking over her pay stub.
Female male viagra Nah, female male viagra can’t be that. Female male viagra She’s smiling!
Female male viagra The size of our paychecks (and what we go through to increase it) is the subject of this guest post by Julie, female male viagra a registered nurse with an interest in finance who is a staff writer/blogger at The Millionaire Nurse Blog.
Female male viagra Welcome, female male viagra Julie and thanks for guest posting at Emergiblog!
Female male viagra Take it away…….
Working Overtime? Are the Benefits Worth the Risks?
Female male viagra
Female male viagra We go to work week after week, female male viagra trudge through shift after shift aiming for that one special day…payday!
Female male viagra There never seems to be enough to meet our financial demands of mortgages, female male viagra car payments, female male viagra insurance, female male viagra child care, female male viagra fuel, female male viagra and other day-to-day expenses that keep our wallets and bank accounts drained.
Female male viagra In short, female male viagra we all just need more money. Female male viagra As nurses, female male viagra our easiest resource is working overtime.
Female male viagra But after working a long, female male viagra exhausting week:
- caring for needy patients and families, female male viagra
- running down physicians for orders they failed to give you (not you, female male viagra Dr. Female male viagra Dean!)
- dealing with the demands of managers and administrators who are out of touch with the real world
Female male viagra I would be insane to go back for another shift!
Female male viagra But nurses are compassionate creatures. Female male viagra We care about our patients and each other. Female male viagra We can’t just sit at home while our co-workers are struggling, female male viagra short staffed as usual!
Female male viagra (And that extra $300-$500 sure would be nice!)
Female male viagra So what do we do? We agree to work another shift. Female male viagra It may be simply to pay that overdue bill or maybe those Lucky Brand jeans or the latest techno gadget such as the iPad or Nook reader we’ve had our eyes on. Female male viagra Christmas shopping is the biggie…how can I afford that iPhone my hubby is dying for?
Female male viagra But are the financial benefits worth the risks?
Female male viagra Nurses are extremely concerned about the care their patients receive, female male viagra yet don’t realize the risks of harm to their patients through increased errors by working extra shifts. Female male viagra Most hospitals have changed nurses’ schedules in recent years from 8-hour shifts to 12-hour shifts, female male viagra lowering staffing requirements for the hospital.
Female male viagra However, female male viagra studies show that fatigue increases and mental alertness decreases with the extended 12-hour workday even though nurses may not be aware.
Female male viagra Medication errors are the number one area affected by fatigue!
Female male viagra Considerations:
- Do errors occur during a regular work shift? Sure, female male viagra they can! But it is more likely to occur when you?ve worked longer hours, female male viagra are physically tired, female male viagra and not as mentally sharp.
- Your family…whether you have children or not, female male viagra the strain your work places on you mentally and physically not only affects you, female male viagra it also affects your spouse and children.
Female male viagra Who wants to live and work with a grouch?
Female male viagra It’s a matter of establishing priorities. Female male viagra Is the financial benefit of that extra shift worth the lack of time spent with your family?
Female male viagra (During the time of our economic crash, female male viagra I was guilty of working every extra shift I could get. Female male viagra While the extra money was great, female male viagra I was totally unaware, female male viagra until my husband finally communicated with me, female male viagra that my extra time and focus spent at work made him feel lonely, female male viagra and unappreciated! Wake up call!)
Female male viagra So, female male viagra where does that leave us in regards to needing extra income or wanting to help our co-workers when staffing is short?
- Don’t give in to working that extra shift if you’ve been short on sleep or have already had a very busy, female male viagra exhausting week.
- Make sure working the extra hours doesn’t jeopardize your family
- Don’t forget about taxes-that extra income will be reported to Uncle Sam! Been there, female male viagra done that!
- Remember, female male viagra trimming expenses first is always an option
Female male viagra Think about the safety of the patients you care for, female male viagra the strain on your family, female male viagra and the added stress on yourself and choose your extra hours wisely! When it comes to making mistakes, female male viagra administration may forget they begged you to take that extra shift.
Female male viagra The risks could very easily cost you your license or family!
Female male viagra Reader Questions:
Female male viagra Have you ever worked when you knew you weren’t safe?
Female male viagra Have you ever been pressured into working shifts, female male viagra and then wound up regretting it because you knew you were not at your best?