June 12, 2012, 2:21 pm

World Turning

Ah! A Barbie nurse outfit!

We’ve come a long way from my 1962 Barbie with the starched white uniform and blue, red-lined cape. She carries a hot water bottle and wears the best cap ever.

Now, Barbie wears scrubs with sparkly pants and carries charts with hearts on them.

Give them credit, this comes with an otoscope and a stethoscope.

I was about to give hell for the hooker-high open-toed shoes, then I realized my Barbie wears open-toed white pumps.

No controversy here, moving along.

I’ve been busy!

First, I was blogging for multiple sites, which left me little time or energy for my own blog. It was a great experience, and I learned much about writing under pressure. I will say this: blogging with deadlines is totally different than having your own “space” and just putting down thoughts and communicating with readers.

Writing became something I had to do instead of something I wanted to do. I didn’t want to lose my passion for blogging, so I made the decision to scale back to writing solely for Emergiblog. I want to thank Masters In Nursing.com and AllHealthCareJobs.com for the opportunity to be on their writing staffs.

Then, life has gotten a bit exciting!

My youngest daughter, Rebecca, graduated from nursing school last month!

She sat for the NCLEX at the end of May, and passed with the minimum number of questions needed.

Am I a proud mom?

You better believe it!

And the minute she passed the NCLEX, the job interviews started coming!

We are keeping our fingers crossed.

In March, we became grandparents for the first time!

Ewan was born to my oldest daughter, Lillian, and son-in-law Jim. I was in the delivery room when he was born. The last delivery I saw was in nursing school and I fainted at that one! I’m happy to say I did not faint when Ewan was born!

He’s a big guy, 9 pounds, 12 ounces and 22 inches long at birth. At 2 months he weighed 13 pounds. Nana (me) is getting pumped biceps just lifting him.

As if that weren’t enough, I’ve been spending the last month on a different type of baby:

I’ve been fostering these four feral kittens, caught by my son around his apartment complex.

It’s fun! I feed them, pet them, scoop their cat box, and in return they treat me like a human cat tree and eat my earrings.

Fortunately, they all now have homes and I will be saying good-bye by the end of the week.

Oh, and did I mention I’m working a ton of overtime?

Yep, things have been jumping around here, but in a good way.

My writing mojo is back now that the pressure is off to produce on deadline. My goal for my MSN is on hold – somehow, there are just other things I want to focus on right now.

School will always be there.

Babies grow up.

How well I know that…

Enhanced by Zemanta

Susan

June 12, 2012 at 5:16 pm

ALL my charts have hearts on them! And that is an overload of kitten cuteness.

RehabRN

June 12, 2012 at 6:16 pm

Wow! Sounds like a busy few months!

Was wondering what happened. Glad you’re back to fun writing. ;->

Enjoy all the little ones!

RehabRN

Jim

June 13, 2012 at 3:43 am

Congrats all round , especially to Nana and Grandpops . ;-)

Dr Dean

June 14, 2012 at 2:52 am

Welcome back! And congrats on the grandbaby. Have fun with the spoiling! You’ve got to find a way to spend all that overtime!

• [...] Kim at Emergiblog, one of the first bloggers to welcome me to the blogosphere,  has posted after a several months absence. [...]

Andrew

June 22, 2012 at 10:50 pm

I am glad you are back. Seems you had a great time with your little ones.

Highlight Reel: June

June 27, 2012 at 10:30 pm

[...] at Emergiblog talks about babies of all sorts, human and animal, and posts pictures to add cuteness factor!  The [...]

• So glad to have you back! :)

Been keeping up with you on facebook. You’re a great microblogger too!

Rob Halper

July 23, 2012 at 12:42 pm

Congratulations, Kim! We are grandparents now too. Our granddaughter Makaela is 9 months old and adorable. See you at BlogHer?

Crosiersmith

August 18, 2012 at 1:32 am

It is so very Nice and amazing Outfits .

Pigeonsmith

August 29, 2012 at 1:40 am

It is so very Nice and amazing Outfits .

CNA

September 30, 2012 at 2:39 am

Congrats on being grand parents…it’s a wonderful thing!

Nursing Job

October 24, 2012 at 8:00 pm

Congratulations for being a grandparent! Its nice to hold a cuddly baby once again.

Dr. Jay

November 15, 2012 at 1:35 am

Congratulations to both of you for being grandparents of such a cute little angel. I found this blog and seems a wonderful and familiar blog this is.

Shauna

November 25, 2012 at 11:09 am

Hey Kim!
    Great to see you back! What beautiful wonders have kept you away. They do grow so fast, there is always time for more school, eh? I think you are fantastic and just reading your life makes my back hurt. ;)

obstetrics nursing

January 3, 2013 at 8:09 pm

Hi,
    Congratulations for being a grandparent! It is so very Nice and amazing Outfits .
    Enjoy all the little ones.

J. Mike

Marko

February 17, 2013 at 1:09 pm

Congratulations for being a grandparent! You should be happy with your status now.

• Dan
    Dan "emt training" Chambs

March 18, 2013 at 8:35 am

I am curious, did you persuade your daughter to follow in your footsteps and go into nursing? or did she decide on it herself? I am sure you have a ton of advice for her on her new career. Hope she does well.

Physician

May 29, 2013 at 5:17 am

They do grow up…and they do it fast!

RN Pocket Guide