Canada cheap viagra This is exactly how I felt at work tonight. Canada cheap viagra I had exactly four patients. Canada cheap viagra Four. Canada cheap viagra One was a 1:1 for 3.5 hours. Canada cheap viagra Every one of them had the “short of breath = rectal sphincter discharge” syndrome. Canada cheap viagra I haven’t changed that many diapers since my 15-year-old was born. Canada cheap viagra Someone snuck a puppy into the ER and he sniffed me once and growled.
I swear the olfactory ambiance of my room had permeated my clothing. Canada cheap viagra I suspected my co-workers were avoiding the geographical area of my assignment, canada cheap viagra but it’s pretty bad when a dog withdraws from you.
Canada cheap viagra I’m pretty even-tempered but I daresay I was a bit snappy tonight (at the desk, canada cheap viagra never in front of my patients). Canada cheap viagra So it is ironic that this photo describes me because when I first saw it I immediately thought of a cranky doctor! Actually, canada cheap viagra I thought of many cranky doctors. Canada cheap viagra Then I realized that I had witnessed a trend over the years; a decrease in the number and intensity of cranky doctors. Canada cheap viagra Why?
Canada cheap viagra Here are a few factors that have contributed:
- Doctors and nurses have a more collegial relationship now. Canada cheap viagra “ME-DOCTOR-you-nurse” is no longer the predominant attitude of either profession. Canada cheap viagra This is likely due to:
- More women in medicine and more men in nursing. Canada cheap viagra The old male/female paradigm has changed.
- The increased responsibilities nurses have in patient care. Canada cheap viagra (Nursing: it’s not just pill-passing anymore, canada cheap viagra folks!)
- The need to do more with less; doctors have to increasingly depend on nurses to be their eyes and ears at the bedside.
- The youth of the medical workforce. Canada cheap viagra They’ve never known nurses any other way (see above). Canada cheap viagra And it is just me, canada cheap viagra or are the doctors getting younger every day? When you are old enough to be the mother of a doctor you work with….well, canada cheap viagra it’s very strange!
- The aging of the nursing workforce. Canada cheap viagra A nurse who has been in the trenches for 30 years is not likely to put up with an attitude from anybody, canada cheap viagra including doctors (of any age).
- A mutual understanding that we are all working under the same health care system and that the frustrations that arise are due to the system, canada cheap viagra not each other.
Canada cheap viagra On a personal level, canada cheap viagra I have developed an increasing amazement for what doctors have to accomplish to get to where they are. Canada cheap viagra And you know what’s funny? Space is at a premium in my department so I’ll give a doctor who needs to chart my seat at the nursing station. Canada cheap viagra Not because I have to, canada cheap viagra but out of civility and respect.
Canada cheap viagra Cherry Ames would be proud.